News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek MI Sep 11-Sep 12, 2021, AAR

Started by 3.Dogs, September 13, 2021, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

Once again another Appleseed with some of the best students that any instructor could ask for.  We started this event off with the September 11 moment of silence.  Then right into the safety briefing. It was an absolute joy to be instructing all of our students.  Our returning Appleseeders brushing up on their marksmanship skills before we got to the first AQT of the weekend.  Our first time shooter was an absolute joy to work with.  Just a sponge absorbing everything we discussed and worked very hard to apply those lessons.  To all of our shooters I would once again like to thank all of you for coming out and would like to encourage all of you to continue practicing your skills.

To my instructors.  I would like to thank all of you again for volunteering your time to work this event.  As usual it was wonderful working with such dedicated individuals. 

To the Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek.  Thank you for once again hosting our event.  The facilities were wonderful.  I look forward to more events in the future.

"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

MI-copperhead

Another great Appleseed in the books and one I won't soon forget. We had a small but good group of returning Appleseeder's and one first time Appleseeder, an 11 year old by the name of Alex. Our group was obviously listening to the safety briefing because only two people were called back to their rifles to fix safety issues one time, and an accidental discharge by our first timer went harmlessly down range because he had his muzzle in a safe direction.
Alex soaked up the instruction like a sponge and went from a 70 on his first AQT to a 160 on his final one on Sunday. At Stacy's suggestion on Sunday he was my model with the lazer rifle for NPOA and showed that he had a good grasp of what it was. It was a real pleasure working with this young man and I believe he will be shooting a Rifleman score in short order.
A great crew of IIT's in No Lambo and Wingwrench and outstanding support from our Blue hats Stacy and Bill (who showed he still knows his Red hat stuff) well led by our illustrious Shoot Boss 3 Dogs who did a great job of beating the time monkey and keeping us on track.
Completing my PC4 requirement this weekend was icing on the cake and I look forward to doing my PCI, hopefully, before years end.
And as always BCSC is a great range to hold these events at.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

MI-copperhead

Also I  believe a fair amount of pics were taken so  :pics:
Well no it really isn't but post 'em if you got 'em !
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

MI-copperhead

Pictures taken by WingWrench
Thomas Jefferson