News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Official Planning Thread: Shelby, IN September 25-26, 2021

Started by SteelThunder, September 08, 2021, 10:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

We're about 2 weeks out from our event.  So far, we have 15 people signed up.  Let's light this rocket!

WE COULD USE ANOTHER INSTRUCTOR OR TWO.  PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR CALENDAR AND HELP OUT!

COF
+ "Standard 25M Appleseed"
+ Let's KILL THE TIME MONKEY and keep things moving!!   
+ I hope to run a line of laser demo rifles on Sunday to cement NPOA - BRING LASER DUMMY RIFLES IF YOU HAVE THEM

Students: 
+ 17 students so far, althought LBOTG say that we'll fill it
+ Nice mix of families.  Multiple youth shooters (11-13 yrs) so far.  Oldest shooter is 48...geez I'm feeling old.

Instructors:
Shoot Boss:  SteelThunder
IT: Cap'n America
IIT:  Bill3
Applecore:  <crickets>

PC advancements to be evaluated:  Bill?

Logistics:
+ This is the midwest...in September...in Indiana.  It will likely be scorching hot so be prepared
+ I have 2 8x8 EZ Ups...we will use these.  If you have some, please bring them to cover the shooting line if it is really raining hard.
+ Our LBOTG is awesome.  They typically build the target line.  I'll plan on arriving a bit early to help on Friday evening.
+ Instructor meeting at 7:45 am on Saturday.  Please be there no later than 0730 for set up.  Friday night help would be great

Instructor dinner - We'll have to see

History:  Start volunteering, or I'm gonna start volunTOLDing  We'll just be coming off of HBC so there's NO EXCUSE not to use some of those mad skillz

• 1st Strike:  <crickets>
  • 2nd Strike: <crickets>
  • 3rd Strike: <crickets>
  • Saturday benediction: Steel
  • DOMs:   Whittemore - <crickets>; Wyman - ??; Elizabeth Zane - ??; Lamson - ??; Others -- ??
  • Sunday benediction: Steel

7th Stepping -- All the cadre should be working to generate shooters on the line as well as lookout for students that display marksmanship abilities, even temperament, enthusiasm, a connection with the message, ability to communicate, willingness to help out.  Please point these characteristics out to me during the weekend.

Instructors Carrying:  Legal OC/CC encouraged by instructors however, a minimum of Level 2 retention is required.  Make sure you check IN gun laws

Requal:  Unlikely with the low number of instructors present.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Bill 3

Hesitant to sign up for history yet but if you insist, be kind.  Want to work the mechanics of the shoot primarily.  Shake the rust off for the routine and verbatim.  I had tried to get that out of the way earlier in the year but work interfered.  Vicki (Repeat) is planning to be there but don't think she has the paperwork out of the way for her blue hat.  Gave her a nudge to finalize that so she can be officially signed up for the shoot.  Can she test for RSO on her first shoot?  If so I will push a little for her to know the procedures.  She is familiar already.  I will need an orange hat unless my old faded red hat will do...(No need to answer that)...

- Bill 3
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Dagny

I'm gonna post this pic of the weather forecast right here and not say a word about it cuz I don't want to jinx it! 

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." â€" Ayn Rand

1st Appleseed: Patriots Day 2009
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6695.0

2nd Appleseed: August 2011
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24570.0

Rifleman Score: Pending

Fair weather shooting confirmed.
1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21AUG2021 Curtice, OH - temps reached 100
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 13NOV2021 Piqua, OH - it snowed
3rd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21MAY2022 Curtice, OH - temps just right!
Scored Pistoleer™ with a 215 on 21MAY2022 https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=63008.0
Cleared Appleseed Pistol Clinic redcoat 22May2022

Dagny

As a small thank you to the volunteers working with us, Ray and I would like to invite you all to dinner on Saturday night as our treat.  (It looks like great patio weather!) 

If any of you are planning to camp out on the grounds or in the clubhouse please don't hesitate to text or call so we can help make your stay more comfortable.  (219-226-3400)

Thank you all for sharing your time and talents with us in Shelby.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." â€" Ayn Rand

1st Appleseed: Patriots Day 2009
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6695.0

2nd Appleseed: August 2011
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24570.0

Rifleman Score: Pending

Fair weather shooting confirmed.
1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21AUG2021 Curtice, OH - temps reached 100
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 13NOV2021 Piqua, OH - it snowed
3rd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21MAY2022 Curtice, OH - temps just right!
Scored Pistoleer™ with a 215 on 21MAY2022 https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=63008.0
Cleared Appleseed Pistol Clinic redcoat 22May2022

Bill 3

I received some news today that may interfere with my ability to be there.  Will send a PM with a little more detail.

- Bill 3
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Pepper Spray

Hey y'all! Pepper Spray here, I would like to volunteer for second strike, and Cap says he'd do third strike if that sounds good.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton

Post tenebras lux

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now." -Alex and Brett Harris from Do Hard Things