News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD Practice at VETS Shooting Center

Started by Quinncannon, September 04, 2021, 02:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinncannon

I drove down to VETS Shooting Center this morning for a little KD practice, plus nailing down my 300 and 400 yard zero's. Shooting one of my AR's, I began on the 300 yard steel. This is only a 12 x 16 inch target, dialed up from my 200 yard zero, and fired, right on the money, so fired 19 more to verify, no misses. Then for the 400, which is a regular sized Appleseed KD target, dialed up, fired, right on the money too. Fired 19 more to verify, no misses. Good to go. After, verifying zero's, I shot the small 300 in the sitting position, 10 rounds, no misses. Not much room for error on sitting at a small target.

We will have a KD in Hot Springs next month, I am going to try to make it down there, looking forward to it! I have a couple of the old "Long Range" patches, I need a "Known Distance" patch too.

As always, if you're in the AO, want to shoot with some ol' hand Appleseeders, give us a shout, we'll likely saddle up and meet you at the range.

Quinncannon,out.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Jayhawker

Quinncannon came to the KD on Sunday and shot two 50s. Then like the true gentleman that he is, he picked up his gear and made room so that other shooters could participate.

Quinncannon you are a great person to be around. I'm glad that you made it to the KD.

Back to Bald Knob, I've never zeroed a rifle past 400 yards.

If I start feeling especially confident and show up for one of these 600 yard matches, how's that going to work.

Quinncannon

Jayhawker, you're too kind, thanks! You are also the embodiment of a rifleman and gentleman, you're one of the many reasons I look forward to these events!

As far as the 600 yard matches we have, you have the skill set for it, just come equipped with a suitable rifle and ammunition, you'll be good to go!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021