News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by wrongtargetken, August 16, 2021, 10:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrongtargetken

Hi everyone,

They call me wrongtargetken because I put extra holes accidentally on their AQT. Thank you for inviting me here.

"You shot the wrong target Ken"
January 2021
Match 2021
April 2021
August 2021
October 2021

Quinncannon

Quote from: wrongtargetken on August 16, 2021, 10:23:29 PM
Hi everyone,

They call me wrongtargetken because I put extra holes accidentally on their AQT. Thank you for inviting me here.

Welcome, wrongtargetken! There's been many a Rifleman shoot the wrong target, you're in good company!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Hasty Sling

The best way to learn not to crossfire on somebody else's target (or your own in a competitive match with multiple targets posted) is to have done it at least once. It's an embarrassing goof, but a worthwhile lesson to learn. It'll teach you to visually "mark" your target. Look for your number near your AQT target before firing the shot. Or put a visible sign on an upper corner of your target, anything that will tell you that you are shooting at your own and not someone else's.

On a slow-fire string, make that visual check a part of your pre-shot routine, like getting NPOA. Even on a rapid-fire string, take that split second to check that you are on the right target.

I crossfired on myself once on two side-by-side targets in a CMP match, and it made my blood boil for a few seconds. Lost 37 points out of 100 on a kneeling stage. What a valuable lesson. Fortunately I only hurt my own score. Then I had to brush it off before the next stage. No point letting that mistake keep hurting me.

Have fun on the range! - Hasty Sling

Charles McKinley

Welcome,
The only ones to not make a mistake are the ones who never do anything.  Thanks for helping out.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Texas T

Beentheredonethat!  It happens in just a momentary lapse of focus. Welcome to the club.  :wb:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

bright1

Yessir - I'll add a "me too" to having some "flyers" land on another target!  Glad to have you as a friend AND to welcome you as Arkansas' newest Blue Hat!

AF5US

There have been instances where bright-eyed young(er) men nearly earned Rifleman for the first time, except that their neighbor shot their target.

Grown men have cried.

Ask me how I know  ;D
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Tennessee Beast

If you shoot your girlfriend's target, it will be a long car ride home.  Been there, done that!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Jayhawker

I was looking for an after action report that doesn't yet exist. It's still early, but I stumbled into this threat.

It's my understanding that me and at least one of my children provided most of the alternate targets for Wrongtargetkin. It didn't bother me in the least. For my daughter, it was the least of her issues. Otherwise it was a character building exercise. All my children have riflemen patches. One has a distinguished patch. Another has a Orange hat. The fact that they are not father along is no fault of Wrongtargetken.

It's all good.

Wrongtargetkin has developed into a good shooter. We were shooting KD together yesterday.

For me to have had the privileged and the honer to be part of that developemnet, that part is really good.

It's what Appleseed is all about.