News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Treason - Drawn and Quartered

Started by CarrollMS, August 30, 2021, 11:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarrollMS

Treason - Drawn and Quartered

Did the Signers of the Declaration of Independence Engage in a Treasonous Act? - Journal of the American Revolution

The delegates wrote that they put their very lives at stake with the Declaration of Independence-

Here is the punishment for Treason

You are to be drawn on hurdles to the place of execution, where you are to be hanged by the neck, but not until you are dead; for, while you are still living your bodies are to be taken down, your bowels torn out and burned before your faces, your heads then cut off, and your bodies divided each into four quarters, and your heads and quarters to be then at the King's disposal; and may the Almighty God have mercy on your souls.

msc
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

EZ3

Wasn't that what Edward did to William Wallace?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

CarrollMS

"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

scuzzy

Arrgghh! My favorite speech was from Braveheart. And coming from a long line of Scots/Irish on my mom's side of the family.  And yes the Scots/Irish just love a good fight.

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TME0xubdHQc

lol - the age old battle against Tyranny. Some things never change.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

scuzzy

And heck I just got to add this short clip from Braveheart - reminds me of family members. Lord does that remind me of my own son:

My Ireland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjLccwSziM8
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Tennessee Beast

The screenwriter of Braveheart, Randall Wallace, was born in the same city as me and lived in my home county.  Randall Wallace is of Scottish decent, but is not related to William Wallace.   Randall is related to a cousin-in-law.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

CarrollMS

Excellent read on the "presbyterian" perspective  I will add the link over on the Black Robed Regiment post

"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200