News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden MA Aug. 14 - 15

Started by goodpiper, August 17, 2021, 11:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

Another wonderful weekend spent at the Leyden Rifle Clubs range in the hills of Western Massachusetts.
We had seven persistent shooters on the line (due to the number of instructors some of them were able to shoot as well).

By the end of the weekend we had 2 re-qualifications. With MattLauer scoring 213, and lupis42 scoring 243 and receiving a distinguished bar.
Mattlauer took the step up to an Orange Hat. Welcome aboard Mattlauer!!
Everyone else on the line made good progress as we stretched their shooting experience.

A big "Thank You" to the instructors who worked this shoot with me, without whom it would have been much more difficult. And a lot less fun! Thank you lupis42, mwolf, TominCt, RoundTrip, Jake1918, JMurrayVT, and ralph33

Also once again a big "Thank You" to the Leyden Rifle Club (leydenrifleclub.us) for the use of the range, and the work that E. Barton puts in to keeping so nice. Thank You!

Pictures to come.

lupis42

Now with 100% more pictures
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

Round Trip

From a previous shoot in Harvard April 2021.
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

Round Trip

Photos Leyden
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

TOMINCT

This was a great event. I arrived late Saturday and was able to help and shoot some on Sunday.

The IT crew was there for anyone who needed assistance and many newer shooters were getting it from most all involved. It was good to see some faces that I hadn't in sometime and meet several newer IT's and IIT's.

Beautiful area of the state to take in on top of it. If you have a chance to attend an Appleseed at Leyden you won't be disappointed.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

mwolf

Leyden Rifle Club really is one of the hidden gems of the ranges I have shot at in my time as an instructor. I highly recommend camping as part of the event - just remember the insect repellant!

Thank you Eric for dusting off your green hat and running a good event.

goodpiper

A big "Thanks" to aim for showing me how to make this thing work!