News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester TN Aug 14, 2021 Pistol Clinic - Event ID: 8177

Started by Mixed Metaphor, August 16, 2021, 02:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Tennessee has conducted their first Pistol event that was open to the public!
It was a great day!  It was hot.
I want extend deepest gratitude to all of the Shooters and Instructors!  Also, thank you to the Highland Rim Shooters Club and Mr. Claude "TN Colonel" Morse for allowing us to use this outstanding facility.  It was hot.
We arrived around 7:30ish and set up the range.  Thank you to Mr. Dick "Black Knight" Kyser, who took care of registration for us.  It was hot.
We heard a great recount of the First Strike by Booney Stomper.  Then, safety, safe pistol and handgun terminology.  Next, pistols to the line!  Our first 13 rounds was a Hits Count/ Red Coat target.  On the range we learned about proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Isosceles stance, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.  It was hot.
We practiced what was taught using the "new" tombstone targets.  Dry fire exercises for each block of instruction.   
There was great discussion throughout the weekend on the course of fire.  A great learning experience for all!  It was hot.
After the practical exercises, we proceeded to the PQTs.  It was hot
We had 1 out of the 9 qualify as Pistoleer™!  TN Colonel fire a 214. 
I can't possibly express my gratitude adequately to Booney Stomper for the set up on the day prior to the event.  That took a lot weight off of us.  OP 78 did a GREAT job!  He learned RSO duties very quickly and ran with it.
Shooters, you will never know how much I enjoyed the time with you.  I appreciate that you came out and gave us the most precious thing that any of us have, time.  I hope to see you all again!  I appreciate the concern shown when the heat got to me.  Please consider attending another event!  (I'll try to be less formal.  LOL!)

I love Appleseed.

Please post pictures if you have them.

May Liberty Increase!

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

tncolonel

To all who attended, thanks for spending the day at the first public Tennessee Appleseed Pistol Clinic.  To mixed metaphor - very, very special thanks for coming up and running this "Very Hot and Humid One Day" clinic.  The heat got to everyone! 
Special thanks to Booney Stomper for all the work in setting up the range in advance and making sure everything was torn down after the event.  Also thanks to AnnieOakley1 for bringing tables, benches, chairs and popup shelters - I do not think we would have made it thru the day without the popups - and a lot of water!
I was honored to make Pistoleer™ using my 60 year old S&W model 41 that I had not shot much in several years.
We hope to host another pistol clinic in Manchester (Arnold AFB Rifle Range) later this year if I can get another range date from the military.

TNColonel

REDACTED

Never in Writing, Always in Cash!

OP 78

It was HOT!! A big thank you to Booney stomper, Tn colonel, And of course the man in charge, mixed metaphor for showing me the way. Every event I attend I meet new friends and really enjoy the comradery. See ya on the line.
Rifleman 4/17/2021
Pistoleer™ 7/10/2021
KD qualified 9/11/2021
Rimfire Kd qualified 10/23/2021

Mixed Metaphor

A few pictures.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Captain

Sounds like a great first pistol event! Of course you did have Mixed Metaphor "The Pistol Pro" :)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Tennessee Beast

At an inaugural event, you want the best.  We got it! Thank you MM for coming up for us!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Mixed Metaphor

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama