News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pistol IBC?

Started by EZ3, July 25, 2021, 02:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

How many Instructors who are not already certified as Pistol Instructors are interested in becoming certified?  This would involve attending a two-day Pistol IBC and shooting a qualifying score on the Pistol Qualification Test (PQT).  Reply here or send me a PM.  Thanks
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Crazyduckhunter

I would certainly be interested in this.
CDH

KProctor

Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

Chieflane

I am interested. I have already shot score, just waiting for the next IBC.

Chieflane

kniwolf

I'd be interested in this as well. Thanks!

Aliquippa

Love to be included and work on pistol instructor as well.

Charley

I am interested in this. Little buddy is also interested depending on the date.

Charles McKinley

I'm in.  No point in trying to run a program with no instructors.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

OK, it looks like we have plenty of interest in a class, and we have a Charter Pistol Instructor, ScubaSteve who has volunteered to run it.  As for time & place, we have a Pistol Clinic at Beaver Falls on September 18-19 that has nobody pre-registered at this point.  How does that work for everyone if we turn it into a Pistol IBC?

Charley

Unfortunately I am shoot bossing an Ohio event that weekend in September so little buddy and I would  not be available.

Quote from: EZ3 on July 28, 2021, 07:44:51 AM
OK, it looks like we have plenty of interest in a class, and we have a Charter Pistol Instructor, ScubaSteve who has volunteered to run it.  As for time & place, we have a Pistol Clinic at Beaver Falls on September 18-19 that has nobody pre-registered at this point.  How does that work for everyone if we turn it into a Pistol IBC?

EZ3

It doesn't need to be that weekend.  I was just looking at the PA schedule and it seemed to make sense to replace an event nobody signed up for.  What weekends are good for those interested?

We could push it into the winter, but I think most clubs would be reluctant to give up their indoor ranges for a weekend.  We could shoot for late fall and hope for good weather.  Let me know what you think

Lee

Charley

Without looking at the full Appleseed schedule, October 9&10 should be open for us.

kniwolf

I'll second Oct 9-10 :)

Crazyduckhunter

October 9-10 has the IBC on the schedule?

I would offer the pistol range at Orwell to hold this sometime also. What about instead of doing our usual rimfire KD in January we make it the pistol instruction event?

Charley

I forgot about the IBC that weekend….January would be best for us anyway. Thanks for noticing CDH!

EZ3

So how does January in Orwell, OH look for everybody?  Especially our Charter Pistol Instructor.  It's an outdoor range, but the clubhouse is great and much of the instruction could probably be done indoors.

Chime in, everybody, let's see who is in for Orwell.  We'll never find a date/location that works for everyone, but we want as many there as possible!

Lee

cwcdl79

I guess that'll work, so long as we can tempt a dsb back out for our annual rinfire kd. Wink wink

EZ3

Quote from: cwcdl79 on July 30, 2021, 05:23:43 PM
I guess that'll work, so long as we can tempt a dsb back out for our annual rinfire kd. Wink wink

Do I detect a quid pro quo being asserted?   ;D

cwcdl79

I mean, it could be chuck....  ;)

Charley

Looks good for Little Buddy and myself

Quote from: EZ3 on July 30, 2021, 04:56:41 PM
So how does January in Orwell, OH look for everybody?  Especially our Charter Pistol Instructor.  It's an outdoor range, but the clubhouse is great and much of the instruction could probably be done indoors.

Chime in, everybody, let's see who is in for Orwell.  We'll never find a date/location that works for everyone, but we want as many there as possible!

Lee

kniwolf

I should be able to make that work as well.

Charles McKinley

A Winterseed Rimfire KD sounds fun.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

2nd weekend in January for pistol IBC at Orwell? I will look at club schedule(right like there is something planned for that weekend) and will push it through the rifle/pistol committee. Hmm its approved. Good thing I know who runs that committee at the club.....

But, yes seriously if we want to schedule this pistol IBC for that weekend for Orwell I am sure we can make it happen. The club will want to receive $5 dollars a day for each non member that will be shooting/attending. Camping/bunking is definitely available for everyone.

Just let me know and I will put it on the calendar.

CDH

Charley

The second weekend in January looks good for us.

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on August 03, 2021, 12:31:18 AM
2nd weekend in January for pistol IBC at Orwell? I will look at club schedule(right like there is something planned for that weekend) and will push it through the rifle/pistol committee. Hmm its approved. Good thing I know who runs that committee at the club.....

But, yes seriously if we want to schedule this pistol IBC for that weekend for Orwell I am sure we can make it happen. The club will want to receive $5 dollars a day for each non member that will be shooting/attending. Camping/bunking is definitely available for everyone.

Just let me know and I will put it on the calendar.

CDH

Tuaennoc

Just to be clear, this is for "Instructors" and "IITs"

Thank Ye
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."
― Patrick Henry

EZ3

Actually, only for Instructors.  At present you need to be an instructor in the Rifle program to be certified as a Pistol Instructor.  There are Pistol Clinics still on the schedule if you would like to earn a Pistoleer™ patch.

Charles McKinley

There are enough events to get your red hat before the Pistol IBC!  ;)

Crazyduckhunter

So? Should I put this on the schedule for Orwell? 2nd weekend in January? instead of our usual RFKD event?
CDH

Crazyduckhunter

If we still wanted to hold a RFKD event at Orwell we most likely could. February? or maybe even March? Still cold out enough to maybe hand out the icicle patches? Even we do not get many "students" it is still a great opportunity for instructor improvement.
CDH

EZ3

Sorry CDH, waiting on input from upper echelons on whether this will be a Pistol IBC or possibly something else.  One way or the other, I plan on hanging out with my pet mouse for the weekend.  Will let you know ASAP.

Lee