News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

On Target Outfitter - Canfield OH - September 11-12 event date.

Started by Crazyduckhunter, July 18, 2021, 08:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

To all Ohio and Western PA cadre.

Want to make you aware of a new venue that will be hosting a private event on the September 11-12 weekend. We are going to need a lot of help on this one!! So please put this weekend onto your calendar.

On Target Outfitters. Located just south of Canfield, OH. Please look at their website when you get a chance. This is a non profit youth ministry that has a awesome facility for the youth in the area. They currently have 27 youth members on their rifle team that competes locally and that is going to Camp Perry to compete in the rimfire match next week. There is also a archery team that competes. The organization has other outdoor activities for their members: camping, fishing, etc.

For this event they will allow instructors to stay on site in a very comfortable building that is climate controlled with a kitchen and that even has Showers!!!

A number of this group has attended a shoot in Conneaut, OH last month and the range contact said that a few of them are signed up for the event next month in Vienna also.

Look for this event to be posted soon on the schedule and sign up to work it please.

CDH

Crazyduckhunter

All right folks!! Looks like we got us a shoot boss for this event. Thanks Chuck for once again helping out in Ohio. We greatly appreciate it.
There are also people starting to sign up for the event. 3 so far!!

Corvette

Great new event location, let's make this first event a blow out.  Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

We are up to 18 shooters signed up for this event. After next week the local contact is going to open this up to other youth shooters that belong to other clubs that they compete with in the area. Its gonna fill up!

We are probably gonna need some more instructors for this event. Please check your schedule and sign up to work this event.

CDH

Cadence

Just signed up - looking forward to working with everyone.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Ohio AS,

Attendance is growing for this event. We are at 18 pre-regs and I expect it to grow from there. Keep an eye on thus one and let's make sure we have a full team to work this event. Great job all on bringing this new venue to the program, let's make it a success.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Ohio AS,

I just contacted the range officer that we are working with. I informed him that so far there were 18 pre-regs for the event. He is going to send out an email today to the other youth rifle programs that they compete with and open this event up to them.

We do expect this event to be sold out!!!

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

Crazyduckhunter

We are up to 23 pre-regs. I will reach out to our contact with On Target and let him know that we might want to open this up.
CDH

Crazyduckhunter

Thank you to all of the instructors that have signed up for this event.

We are still at 23 pre-regs for this event. I spoke with the range contact on Friday and again we discussed opening this event to the general public. He has contacted all of the local youth organizations several times and he has decided they have been given plenty of chances for them to sign up and attend this event. I contacted scheduling and asked them to open up the event to the general public Monday/tomorrrow. So hopefully by doing this we will get more pre-regs for this event.

CDH

Aliquippa

can you post notice when the event opens for public ? Will it be listed on AS events by state? I have some NRA instructor contacts to share the event with and  try to rally more young shooters/parents. Like to send them links to the info.

Crazyduckhunter

This event is now posted on the schedule as a normal public event that is open to all.
There are 17 slots left. Yes it is listed on the state schedule for Ohio.

Charles McKinley

Looking forward to a great shoot.  Send me a PM if you have any questions/request.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

We are up to 26 people that are signed up for this event!
Check the planning board for details on planning for this event.
CDH