News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stop the bleed

Started by M14man, June 28, 2021, 02:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M14man

Ive noticed a few stop the bleed threads lately and it reminded me that i needed to sign up for one.
I have an email in to the person running the training  at Mercy Hospital. Not far from me. If any of you would like to join me or were thinking of taking one,here is the link. not sure on class size requirements or anything yet.
https://account.allinahealth.org/events/60161#classSchedule
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death; If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive…" â€"Harriet Tubman

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

If we cease to assert Our rights we shall dwindle into supineness and the chains of slavery shall be fast rivetted upon us
-Samuel Whittemore

M14man

Update, nothing was said about a class minimum, but i will be at mercy hospital in coon rapids 9-22-21 for  the 4-5pm class if anyone wants to join me.
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death; If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive…" â€"Harriet Tubman

- Benjamin Franklin

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

If we cease to assert Our rights we shall dwindle into supineness and the chains of slavery shall be fast rivetted upon us
-Samuel Whittemore

AF5US

I'm not in your area, but I've attending this training in the past.  It is well worth your time.   O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

M14man

Used to be cpr certified for my job, but that has lapsed and ill need to update that next.

- Benjamin Franklin

― Thomas Paine

-Samuel Whittemore

Roberts68

Quote from: m14man on June 28, 2021, 06:55:15 PM
Update, nothing was said about a class minimum, but i will be at mercy hospital in coon rapids 9-22-21 for  the 4-5pm class if anyone wants to join me.

It seems like a great initiative.  I may have heard of it before but was impersonating an ostrich at the time.  I've been CPR and Wilderness First Aid trained and this seems like a good idea. 

ProudPapa14

Attended the class at Mercy yesterday.  Was a great course and well worth the time.  Thanks M14man for the link. 

Roberts68 - I spoke with the ladies running it at Mercy and they indicated the Buffalo Hospital should also have one or more trained "teachers" who may be able to do a class more locally but they weren't 100% sure.