News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, June 19/20, 2021 AAR

Started by Prescott, June 22, 2021, 12:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

Way to go Idaho!  The patriots of Idaho braved a toasty weekend to come to the range and improve their marksmanship skills and reconnect their hearts and minds to the Heritage of our great Country.   Even though the event was on Father's Day weekend, we had 4 dads on the range.   Please thank your families for sharing you with us.

Even though there were no new rifleman this weekend, the participants showed improvement in their shooting skills.   There is still some more work to do in perfecting their skills, so they were sent home with homework.   As P7 stated, one of the characteristic of a rifleman (and a good citizen) is persistence.    Dry fire practice at home is the best way to hone your marksmanship skills.   On the comfort of your living room floor, you can practice trigger control, the steady hold factors and NPOA shift with a cheap laser device and some snap caps.

From an instructor perspective, this was a really good weekend.   P7 finished his SBIT2 event and will be an exceptional SB shortly.   Manly Man completed his IPC and is Idaho's newest Red Hat instructor.   JPJ accepted an orange hat making him Idaho's newest instructor.   Please congratulate these instructors on their accomplishments.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Nashville Stage

Wow! Wonderful promotions all around.
Glad to see steady progress towards the goal.
Huzzah!
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

TheMadPoet

For being as hot as it was, I still had a great time and learned a lot. Probably would have done better the second day if my rifle had not come undone. Will definitely be back to qualify as Rifleman.  Working on getting a few others in the family out to an event. Heck might hafta buy another 1022 so I can train 'em up a bit and loan 'em one for the event. Took my ol' 1022 in to get it tricked out a bit. Was cool to see Manly Man get his Red cap too.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast

TimOren

Congrats on the red hat, Gary, sorry we couldn't be there to see it!  (Our kids did great at 4-H Nationals, so it was worth the trip.)

American Amazon

He means, they did GREAT!
4-H Nationals recognizes the top 10 individuals, and the top 5 teams. For air rifle, there are 3 competitions, and an Overall award.
Our top 2 shooters each made 3 Individual podiums out of the 4, and our team made EVERY team podium, coming in 4th!
"We are no ways dispirited here, we possess a spirit that will not be conquered. If our men are all drawn off and we should be attacked, you would find a race of Amazons in America." -Abigail Adams (letter to husband John dated 9/20/1776)

Manly Man

The journey to Red Hat was long, and I'm happy to have reached that milestone.

Pat and Tim, congratulations on the 4-H team.  I admire all the young men's and women's discipline, dedication, intelligence, persistence, patience, and ethos to not only go to nationals, but to rank highly.  Thank you for your efforts, and for the dedication of the parents who willingly sacrifice their time and resources to allow posterity to accomplish great things.
Huzzah!

TheMadPoet - proper application of the fundamentals, a tricked out 10/22 and accurate ammunition is a good combination.  The path to rifleman is similar to getting to Carnegie Hall...practice (steady hold factors), practice (the six steps), practice (NPOA).

-Gary

TheMadPoet

Been out practicing.
Shot 4 AQT this weekend and 3 out of 4 scored over 210, all timed and done by the rules.
Gonna be practicing between now and Sept when I will be back and I will shoot Expert/Rifleman, you can count on that.
Gun is now more accurate than I am so it is all up to me to do my part and when I do ......Huuuzzzzaaaahhhh!

TheMadPoet

more practice
215, 216,231
took my brother n he shot AQT for 1st time and shot 148. I thought that he did good for 1st n only try. some more practice n he'll be ready for an Appleseed , maybe in October. I plan to be back in September.   
Huzzah!

TheMadPoet

More practice today 214 n that was with 3 or 4 shots of 0. Then I settled down n shot a 237 with a 49 on the bottom stage. Best I have done so far. Fairly confident I will get my Rifleman Patch in September....
Huuzzaahh!

Prescott

Perfect....You are showing the characteristics of a rifleman already.   In a new more practice session, you will likely be earning the Distinguished Patch as well.

Look forward to seeing you in September.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

TheMadPoet

So Distinguished Patch, is that for over 230 or where is the cutoff for that? I can screw up several shots and still break 210, no problem. I still have a bit of dificulty with the sitting or kneeling position but having a tack driver helps. Have practiced a few positions trying to find the best one for my Ol fat apparatus. Prone I will drill it. Oh and anybody ever says Natural point of Aim don't work I have a target to show them with 2 shots in what at first glance looks like one hole.
See you in September.

GTEngineer

Distinguished patch is earned by either a 230+ using irons, or 240+ using optic.  Finding the optimal sitting/kneeling position will take some practice and stretching to become less uncomfortable, dry practice helps tremendously.  Good luck!

Quote from: TheMadPoet on August 09, 2021, 06:21:09 PM
So Distinguished Patch, is that for over 230 or where is the cutoff for that? I can screw up several shots and still break 210, no problem. I still have a bit of dificulty with the sitting or kneeling position but having a tack driver helps. Have practiced a few positions trying to find the best one for my Ol fat apparatus. Prone I will drill it. Oh and anybody ever says Natural point of Aim don't work I have a target to show them with 2 shots in what at first glance looks like one hole.
See you in September.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA