News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Proctor, VT AAR June 12-13, 2021

Started by FiremanBob, June 15, 2021, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanBob

Wow! We had a terrific time at Proctor Fish & Game Club this weekend, thanks to an outstanding group of students. Everyone applied safety, thoughtfulness and persistence to improve their scores and get the most out of the event. Great strides in learning were made. The afternoon heat did not make it easy for us but with a relaxed pace including extended, forced hydration breaks, we accomplished our goals.

We qualified two first-time Riflemen: Al with a 230, and Paul with 218. Huzzahs to you both. Five experienced Riflemen also re-qualified: Dan (246) and Maisey (246) both earning Distinguished Rifleman rockers; and Bob (217), Branden (216), Shari (229).

Teaghan, a new Appleseeder who brought a little bit of rifle experience to the event, unleashed her talent and steadily improved throughout the two days in an inspiring performance. Her last three AQTs on Sunday were 193, 198, and 203! My heartfelt thanks to Maisey, who expertly coached Teaghan in the morning and lent her a more suitable rifle. I look forward to awarding Teaghan's patch at her next event.

At lunch on Sunday Scott, also a first-timer, was awarded a KRG 10/22 rifle stock by SGTMARINE, donated by the manufacturer, for his enthusiasm in all aspects of the event.

Shaun and Leo made enormous progress during the weekend. Remember, the average student takes three events to make Rifleman. Keep at it, you'll be ahead of the herd.

My personal thanks to fellow instructors GMB74, JMurrayVT, and SGTMARINE for your excellent work. It's great to see SGTMARINE returning to the ranks of active instructors. Thanks to GMB74, our sponsoring member at the host club, for allowing us to have the event at your beautiful and comfortable venue.

I ask everyone to bring friends who have not done Appleseed yet to your next event. Appleseed grows by having new people learn what you now know. We'll save this country together.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

FiremanBob

KRG stock presentation:
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville