News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN - May 29-30, 2021

Started by dond, June 03, 2021, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Eight hardy shooters gathered on a COLD May 29th to learn about marksmanship, history, and liberty. We were extremely pleased that five of the participants were children. It is always encouraging when America's youth assembles to receive such information. We began in the clubhouse with the typical introductory material and safety concerns. This was followed by a history Preamble and the First Strike. Then we moved on to the firing range where additional material was presented and the Red Coats were engaged. Further instruction was given, followed by dryfire and live fire exercises. After lunch and the Second Strike, we were back at the range with IMC, more live fire, and the Third Strike.

The next day was warmer and much more pleasant. A brief review was held first, then a couple of DOMs.  Shooting began with a Red Coat followed by Carding the Sights and an exercise in preparation for the AQT. The AQT was begun with the 3rd Stage; then Sitting preparation and the 2nd Stage; and Standing preparation; and then the completion of the AQT. A KD presentation was given at lunch, and then a series of AQTs were begun.

Don, the father of three of the children, earned two 234 scores with a bolt rifle.  ^:)^ His son proved to be very proficient at manipulating a bolt rifle left handed.  O0 William, the grandfather of two of the children, came close with a score of 209.  O0 All five children were extremely well behaved, persistent, and solidly earned their William Diamond youth patches.  ^:)^

All of the instructors performed exceedingly well at their duties, in spite of having to combat the cold temperature by executing a few exercise maneuvers.  ;D They are all highly dedicated professionals. It was a pleasure working with them.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Rustygun

Sounds like a large time was had by all! Good to hear about the youth shooters. We need as many of those as we can get. Some good shooting too!

Nashville Stage

It was great to have everyone at the Henry County Gun Club! Don, it was good to see you and your son again. I hope you come back to Chapel Hill and see if you can cross that 240 to get your Distinguished patch.  ^-^ William & Don, thank you so much for bringing your kids; they were fun to have around and are the future of our country. Jon, it was a pleasure having you at the range. William, keep practicing; you're so close! I hope all of you practice what you've learned, dry-fire at home, and come back to another Appleseed soon. Next time we'll have warmer weather!

DonD, Eagle Keeper, JPL, and CarrolMS, it was good as always to be in the company of such good instructors. Also, thanks to Alan with the gun club for taking some of these photos.

Ok, enough of the chatter. Here are some photos!

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

wcoop

We had a great time at the Puryear event.  We learned a lot and intend to put that knowledge into practice. I went to the range last week and shot the AQT's for fun and practice.
The instructors were eager to teach and help and safety was the top priority, as it should be.  My grandsons, Landon and Cooper, and I want to thank Don and all the instructors for all the time and work that went into making this a fun and memorable weekend.

William L. Cooper

Corvette

Great pics, and looks like a successful Appleseed.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Eagle Keeper

The instructors were eager to teach and help and safety was the top priority, as it should be.  My grandsons, Landon and Cooper, and I want to thank Don and all the instructors for all the time and work that went into making this a fun and memorable weekend.

Safety is always the number one priority. The next priority for us is trying to teach people as much as posable and with that helping them to have the most enjoyable experience they can.  It was fun to watch the memories of a lifetime being made.
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody