News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

It's Memorial Day 🇺🇸

Started by VietVet, May 31, 2021, 01:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Since we are an Organization that spreads the message of LIBERTY I find it disappointing that there's no mention of those who gave all fighting for what Liberty we now have.
  Please take a minute and honor all who gave all. I'm sure you can put your Hot Dog down long enough to do this.

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

jtdiver

I do not know how to say Thank You to someone which has given it all.

The loss is greater than I can imagine, mothers, fathers, sister and brothers have lost a loved one which
can never be replaced.

These losses gave this country a bit longer to breathe free, a fellow soldier to live a bit longer or go home.

I cannot take away the pain, but I can say the loss will not will never be forgotten!

As long as Old Glory flies free they live with us.

GOD

FAMILY

COUNTRY

Respect!

John  (JtDiver)

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/waveusa.gif
1st Appleseed, Charlotte, NC
Rifleman Severville, TN  November 2019
IBC       Canton 3-22.
IIT-1      Ellijay, GA   May 16, 2022
IIT-2      Martin, GA   May 29,  2022
Pistoleer™  Martin, GA  May 27, 2022

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

JustKim

I 100% agree!!!  I know so many people from most of the men in my family to 75% of the people of work with -- I often forget to tell them how much I appreciate them and the huge sacrifices they have made for me.  My father is a WWII veteran, my father-in-law both Vietnam and Korean, my brother-in-law Vietnam, my other brother-in-law 20 something years in and last, but certainly not least, my husband, who spent 22 years in the USAF.  I am so proud to say that I not only know, but love these people and appreciate every moment they gave in serving their country -- and every other veteran and AD, ANG, Reserve member of the armed forces in this country.  You are correct, we all too often forget and take for granted all that they gave for us and still give for us. 

Thank you -- all of you who serve and served and spouses and family who also serve(d).

Thank you Viet Vet for the post and reminder!

Kim
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: VietVet on May 31, 2021, 01:53:57 PM
  Since we are an Organization that spreads the message of LIBERTY I find it disappointing that there's no mention of those who gave all fighting for what Liberty we now have.
  Please take a minute and honor all who gave all. I'm sure you can put your Hot Dog down long enough to do this.

Sir,

You're a trusted leader in our program.  You saw a need and fulfilled it.  No need for disappointment - Appleseed is a team effort.

I hope everyone had a peaceful Memorial Day and took a moment to remember those in our Founding generation who sacrificed everything for our Liberty.

best,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.