News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO April 24-25, 2021 AAR

Started by 209Ken, April 27, 2021, 09:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

The Weatherman said it was going to be a rainy Saturday. He was correct.

That did not deter the shooters that came to Bench Rest Rifle Club this weekend. I didn't hear a single complaint as we went through our instruction and the three strikes in the rain. These guys were in the prone position in pools of water! After about 7 hours, the rain stopped just in time for an AQT at the end of the day. Tom and Jonas re-qualified with scores of 218 and 212 respectively.

Sunday came and we were rewarded with one of the nicest days for shooting that I can remember. After a flintlock musket demonstration from Flintlock54, Hunter shot a 216 score to join his dad in the Rifleman ranks. Our instructors joined the fun to earn one of those pretty new patches, Flintlock54 and M-Dawg both showed that they still have it as they re-qualified on Sunday.

We learned a lot this weekend - even some things not in the program, like the difference between water resistant and water proof! Thank you Shooters and Instructors for your determination and persistence!

I am still sorting out pictures for posting. Anyone who has comments or pictures that you would like to share, please do!

209ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Flintlock54

Three huzzahs to all those who persisted in the Saturday "Soggyseed". We all found  what we are about.  This one will be talked about for a long time. 
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

Flintlock54

Three huzzahs to all those who persisted in the Saturday "Soggyseed". We all found  what we are about.  This one will be talked about for a long time. 
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

FO4Jonas

What a great weekend!  Unbelievably wet, but we persisted!  Special thanks to all of those volunteers making this possible!  You are all true Americans and phenomenal people!  Hunter and I cannot thank you enough for what you do!  Flintlock54, thank you for the stories, conversation and especially the musket demo!  "A rifleman persists"  209ken and family thank you for always putting on a great event!!  We will be talking about this weekend for a very long time to come!  Hunter will never forget Ken's words when he presented Hunter with his patch!  "This is one young man that knows what he's about". He has worked very hard to accomplish his goal of rifleman, it took 3 years to accomplish and he succeeded, with the help of all the volunteers and the instruction given to him by them!!  At 13 this is impressive, it wouldn't have happened without you all!!  Keep up the great work guys, and girls!!