News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Interested In Becoming an Instructor In Training (Maine)

Started by MonkMedic, April 24, 2021, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkMedic

Hello,

I am interested in becoming an Instructor In Training.
Live in Maine, have made rifleman multiple times.

Started on the IIT path in 2019, life and careers got in the way.
Then 2020 COVID happened.
Interested in jumping back in.

How would I go about getting ahold of the powers that be to get back on that path?
I am not able to lick on names and send messages off this forum.
Thanks!

Thanks,
Bruce

monkmedic@gmail.com
The God who gave us Life, gave us Liberty at the same time. - Thomas Jefferson

Rev.357

I'm just an IIT myself, but a short and easy way to get back on the Project Appleseed Path would be to sign up for another Appleseed event. That would get you back into the swing, and you could volunteer at the event. That brings a little more excitement to the event, and ties you to the Appleseed community. (Yeah sonny,I was there when MonkMedic took his orange hat.) What Instructors and or shoot bosses did you relate to well, and what venues worked well for you? It looks like FiremanBob is active in Vermont and New Hampshire. Both have Appleseeds scheduled.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

BD

There is a shoot in NH in May and we are finalizing one in Monmouth for June.
We usually have shoots in Monmouth and Skowhegan and a winter shoot in February down east in in Columbia Falls.
Up the Republic

FiremanBob

Very glad to see you re-upping. We need all the hands we can get at Dunbarton NH on May 22-23. Do you have an orange hat?
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Mrs. Smith

You'll definitely need to reach out to your State Coordinator, too. The SC for Maine is TheOldGuide.  He's been with the program a long time, and knows his stuff!   He can best guide you on your path back to active participation in the cadre. And he's a great guy!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

MonkMedic

FiremanBob, can't seem to message you directly, please reach out to me via email - monkmedic@gmail.com.

Thanks!
The God who gave us Life, gave us Liberty at the same time. - Thomas Jefferson