News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard, MA April 17-18 2021 AAR

Started by mwolf, April 23, 2021, 10:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwolf

We once again returned to Harvard Sportsmen's club in Harvard, MA for our Patriots' Day event! The club afforded us two instead of the usual one range for the weekend. Friday night we discussed the potential for actually awarding winterseed patches due to the sudden burst of cold weather and snow we had Friday night. While Saturday turned out to be snowless and well above freezing, our shooters still persisted through chilly winds and drizzling making everything feel colder than it was.

Sunday was a beautiful day and having the bulk of the history and instruction behind us, we rolled rapidly into AQTs. We saw several new and requalified riflemen, including some instructors seeking the new coveted April 19 Rifleman patches! We ended the day with the memorial volley and some final AQTs.

Congratulations to Sean, Lesky, Thomas, David, Nate, and Ming on earning their patches, and to lupis42 and Round Trip for requalifying to earn the Patriots' Day patch!

We minted two orange hats - thank you Sean and Lesky for stepping up and I'll see you at another shoot soon!

And finally, Jake1918 earned his promotion to full instructor after working diligently to cover and re-cover everything on his Red Hat PC.

Thank you to HSC for continuing to host appleseeds year after year, and thank you to all the shooters who came out to practice their marksmanship and learn their heritage for Patriots' Day!

lupis42

TY for running a great event.  I was particularly sad to see that the shiny April patches ran out before I could get one, but I take some consolation in outscoring Round Trip with his own rifle.   >:D
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

Mr.Freedom

Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

Round Trip

Harvard Sportsman Club was very gracious to give us two bays, the spacing was just right.  That's a very busy action shooters range.  Western, IPSC, Black Powder and machine gun, we would have been better off just using sign language given the volume fire at times.  ðŸ"«ðŸ'. The new rifleman worked for it, earned it.  Two new quality Orange hats, a new competent Red Hat Instructor and thoughtful passionate telling of our common History.  It's hard to get any better, other than how big my April 19th Rifleman patch will look on my chest to Lupis42 at the next shoot. He is just lucky my TC R-55. trigger locked up on me. 😉
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

Round Trip

Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip

Round Trip