News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Simsbury Ct, April 17-18, 2021

Started by TOMINCT, April 21, 2021, 11:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Well , finally able to put thoughts to paper, so much good stuff to recall from our 4/19 event at Metacon GC in Simsbury, Ct.

A nearly filled line with folks from neighboring states and Ct made for a great weekend. With help from the IT crew of Parallax,  Kosciuszko, Colhavoc138 and Scout74 much coaching and improvement was seen on paper. With Saturday winding down and an AQT we netted 3 Rifleman.

Sunday started with a mix of AQT's and drills for those who were dealing with their struggles. By mid day much improvement and most were back into the AQT grind. A short break to talk about KD and fire it at 100 yards was next.

With the ending of the KD portion we readied for the volley. A reading of the BBB sheet and a few thoughts put forth regarding the sacrifices made for our benefit, we commenced at 4 PM with the first round. Some of the instructors also joined in for the ceremony.

We finished up with the last AQT and Redcoat before winding things up after 5 pm. All told a very worthy experience.

Lou, MGC member had a firm grasp of things when he cranked out a 220 score, which was bettered on Sunday up to a 236. Mark, a repeat offender has pushed it hard with a 240, upping it to a 245 by end of Sunday. Joey, also a repeat Rifleman scored a 220.

On Sunday we cornered Sean, who had not scored his paper. Not one to let things go Scout74 and myself went thru his pile of targets and found several RM scores with a high of 225. Way to go!!  :cool2:

There were others whose scores I had not seen, but a jr shooter, Jack, was pushing it hard with a 190 score.

I'd like to thank the Metacon Gun Club for the use of the range. It had been a few years since our last shoot there and I know it's not easy to tie up a nice spring weekend for an event but it was the perfect place for it and we look forward to returning in the future.

The IT crew did a great job cycling thru the attendees throughout the weekend and offering their own perspectives and teaching to get them a better foundation in the quest to become Rifleman. Thank you gentlemen.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Colhavoc138

This was a great shoot! This was my first event not being a shooter in the line and I have to say, it's just as exciting being an instructor as it is being a shooter. It was very satisfying to have shooters take advice and see it show itself in their performance. Very proud to have met another 22 Americans that can properly employ a rifle.
Distinguished Rifleman
Winterseed Rifleman
Maryland Front Sight tabbed
PA Capt Morgan Rifleman Unit tabbed
NYS EMTB/NREMT/TCCC/TECC

REDACTED

Great Event, Great Weekend, and an Exceptional Set of Instructors!
I find that shooters of all levels can find information that will push them a little farther and make them a little better.
The Young shooters win the day when they got focused and embraced the grind!

Thank you Tom and Company!

and a special thanks to all of those fellow shooters who helped me with my targets! ;)
Never in Writing, Always in Cash!

scout74

Thank Tom and crew! It was pleasure working once again with the Patriot Cadre! Great effort put forth by participants and instructors. Especially enjoyed the annual volley.
10/22/16 Rifleman

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
"You'll have noise soon enough,the regulars are out!" Paul Revere
"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/

Parallax

It was great to have an Appleseed at Metacon. I will see about scheduling another event at the Metacon Gun Club.

Parallax

A few more pictures of the weekend.

Parallax

The Rifleman!