News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI AAR - April 17-18, 2021

Started by Theokestral, April 19, 2021, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theokestral

A weekend of near-perfect weather (in this writer's opinion).
9 people attended to hear the record of events from April 19th, 1775... and also to learn and practice the skills of a rifleman.

All shooters saw great improvement. Our collective effective range was doubled within the first few hours of instruction. On top of that, this was one of the most well-disciplined groups of shooters that I have had the pleasure of working with. Their attention to safety was nothing short of exceptional. Kudos all around. On top of that, they brought great joy and enthusiasm along with them.

We had three individuals earn rifleman scores, one of whom was a return qualifier. He decided to start on the road towards giving back to the mission by taking up the role of Instructor-in-Training and donning an orange hat.

Our WI instructor cadre developed even further via the promotion of RayRay to Full Instructor; earning him his red hat. Congratulations are duly afforded for his commitment and contributions towards Project Appleseed. I eagerly anticipate working alongside him in the years to come.

I am honored to have been present.

Photographs to follow...

Buck9

Buck9

After years of going by myself, I was finally able to share the experience with some friends and loved ones; brought 5 others in my group, all of whom had a fantastic time learning and developing throughout the weekend!

Theokestral

Here are some overdue photographs.
Our youth attendees receiving their William Diamond patches and ammo.
RayRay presenting our safety rules.

Theokestral

Riflemen who passed the AQT and earned their Rifleman patches.

And Buck9 taking up his Orange Hat!