News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field, FL, 1-2 May 2021

Started by JustKim, May 02, 2021, 08:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

We had a fantastic weekend.

Number one, I am proud to say that we had six shooters under the age of 18 -- Dominic, Emma, Mason, Juliano, Devin and Michael.  Not only did they show up with teachable attitudes, they all also made an amazing amount of progress. When it was time to  learn about the flags, almost all of them chose their favorite flag and read to the rest of us about the flag.  I would like to thank their parents and grand parents for bringing them to the shoot -- it's so important that we reach as many young people as possible, for they are our future. 

All shooters this weekend made impressive progress.  Especially Sherry who's AQT scores went from about 60 to 191 by the end of the weekend.  The majority of our shooters shot within the 190's range -- almost all shot within the sharpshooter range.

Lyle, Nolan, Sherry, Juliano, Mike and Art are all knocking on the door for that coveted Rifleman patch -- and Margie has the most positive attitude and made lots of progress.  All of these shooters were very impressive and I'm quite positive will be back to -- can't wait to see you again!

I would like to thank all of our instructors -- they all did an amazing job -- telling strikes and stories - not to mention getting on the ground with the shooters and giving great instruction! 

A special thanks to Gunjunkie for  making sure everything got set up, providing loaners, working on rifles, etc.  and to Kecia and Earl for making the trip down to Florida.  As always thanks to Stan the Man and Dragon for their great instruction and stories.

Also congrats to Jimmy (KonaBoy) who not only re-qualified, but also accepted an orange hat - well-deserved!!

Pictures to follow!!!

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Bama Girl

This was such an amazing weekend! This was my first Orange Hat event and I learned as much or more than the shooters we helped. I look forward d to many more events in the near future! I have posted the pictures on Flickr and and posted the link below. I welcome you all to go look and download the picture you would like to have!

https://flic.kr/ps/3Wtgsw
"Public spirit lives - lives in the bosoms of the Fair Daughters of America, who … unite their efforts to reward the patriotic, stimulate the Brave, to alleviate the Burden of War and to show that they are not dismayed by defeats of misfortunes." ~ Abigale Adams

Lucky Lori

what a wonderful event  congratulations to all.

gunjunkie

This was a great weekend with all shooters making progress toward rifleman. All the young ones did a fantastic job with the flag tour and Dragon, Stan the man and Just Kim doing a great job on the history. We were saved form the Florida heat on Sunday with cloud cover and thankfully the rain held off until we were done. Just Kim did a great job at keeping the time monkey at bay with the event maintaining a steady pace.
Thanks Bama Girl and my name is Earl for your weekend hope you had a good time.

Congratulation Jimmy our newest orange hat, we are glad to have you and look forward to working with you in the near future   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

Hey Bama Girl!  Thanks so much for all of the awesome pictures!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

KonaBoy

Big Mahalos (Thanks) to JustKim for the promotion to IIT0 and thanks for the feedback on Saturday as I was noticeably quiet on Sunday.

Mahalos again to gunjunkie for the loaner.  I wasn't able to beat 224 like my first Appleseed but I re-qualified, so its all good.

Mahalos to Bama Girl for the great pictures and my name is Earl for the info on the KD events.

I signed up for the Dec Appleseed @ Hurlburt and I'll try to do one or two events either late summer or fall, if my shift schedule will allow it.

MyNameIsEARL

Great event. Learning and passing on the knowledge. I was excited to see such a high number of youth in attendance. It was fun to pass on a bit of history as well as learn some myself.

Glad to see another Orange hat {Jimmy} stepping up to pass on the knowledge.

I am looking forward to many more events and seeing new faces as well as returning ones.

JustKim

OMG - I LOVE the forum picture -- that is so hilarious and fitting  ;D

I am so happy that you and Bama Girl have become IITs -- you are both GREAT instructors and I so look forward to working with you in the future. 

You both are an inspiration and remind me why we do this stuff!

in Liberty,

JustKim
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

Black Knight

Congratulations to both Bama Girl and KonaBoy for accepting Orange hats!  We are so glad to have your assistance bailing.  See you on the AS trail!
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021