News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anchor Point, AK April 17/18

Started by ItsanSKS, April 18, 2021, 11:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Just wrapped up the inaugural event at the Kachemak Gun Club.   I'll write up a complete After Action Report a little later, but wanted to get this started so that others could chime in on their experience this weekend.

As a quick takeaway, this was an outstanding event- 11 shooters, 4 Riflemen, 2 new instructors, with 6 people successfully engaging Morgan's Shingle on the final redcoat of the weekend.

Stay tuned for more.  Please feel free to add your experiences, and pictures!

Your Shoot Boss, ItsAnSKS

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Gus

Hello Everyone,

It was a great clinic this past weekend. Was very happy to be a part of it.  As you will see in the pictures we had a lot of snow on the range. Ice too. Great bunch of shooters and instructors. The spring time temperatures finally showed up: 40s and 50s. Not bad for up thisaway in April.

I'll be posting some pictures from the weekend. The first one is the snowy start to the day on Saturday.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

Gus

This picture is a pano that captures the target line, the firing line and the classroom instruction wherein we're teaching the six steps.

Gus

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

Gus

Here we have 509Gman getting into the sling with Taka222 instructing.

Gus

Gus

Rocky907 instructing Inches Minutes and Clicks.

Gus

Gus

We had several shooters post Rifleman scores this weekend.  Here is my son Nathaniel with ItsanSKS.

Gus

Oldmikey

More pics from Anchor Point
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

akwalker

Wyatt, our friend Angus, and I had a great time at this shoot.   As always, thanks to all the volunteer instructors for traveling so far across our great State to preserve liberty.

Peacemaker907

Wondering if a different after action report was filed for this event?