News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS Apr 17-18, 2021

Started by dart67eb, April 18, 2021, 10:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

We had a really good, I mean a REALLY good clinic the weekend!  Seven new Riflemen and four requals!  I want to thank Dave, Pete and Dick for coming out to help.  I also want to especially thank Alan for taking an orange hat!  Once again, the Dunlap brothers were a challenge, but we seemed to get through it.  (LOL)  Everyone that didn't get Rifleman learned a lot and will surely get there at the next event.  Kudos to:
William
Charles
Wilson
Michael
Alan
Kyle
Will
on getting their patch.
Also kudos to :
Keith
John
James
Will
for their requals!

Black Knight will be adding the photos in a few days.
Thanks for coming and remember the next Memphis area shoot is Memorial Day weekend at MSSA!

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Rustygun

An incredible Appleseed at Como! A really good group and made to order weather. Not the traditional gumbo mud seed we usually have in April lol. We had a good mix of experienced Appleseeders including some returning Riflemen and others still chasing their patch. We also had several first timers some of whom would demonstate they know what they are about! Ebben did a great job as usual keeping everything moving and giving the shooters what they needed when they got stuck. Black Knight showed up from Nashville and as always was the grease that kept things running smooth from handling check in to his experienced eye on the line. Really appreciate him making the trip. Pete did a great job as well handling Line Boss duties like a pro. We had shooters from as far away as Alabama and Kansas!

Here are some pics

The group

Ebben getting things started

The shooters get to work on the first Redcoat

Standing stage under Pete and Dick's watchful eyes

Ebben and Pete demonstrating carding the sights

Pete with the 2nd Strike

Ebben with the Third Stike

Long range instruction.

Our youth shooters get their Luther Blanchard patch

Our first Rifleman of the year. William scores a 232 on his first AQT ever

Mike and Keith get their patches. Keith is a returning Rifleman. Mike broke through this time to make Rifleman after a lot of dedication

More Riflemen! Charles gets his patch at his first event with a borrowed rifle with iron sights. Kyle also patched at his first event. Returning Rifleman Will proves he's still got it. And Alan patches after a lot of hard work to get his patch

Charlie requals. No surprise there with him consistently turning in scores in the 240's

Jim requals as well

John shows he still has what it takes as a returning Rifleman

And Wilson patches at his first event! It came together on the last AQT of the day after some jams in stage two that hampered him

Alan steps up to take an orange hat. Huzzah!

This was a super event and the shooters who didn't patch made a lot of progress and were a great group to work with. A lot of them knocking on the door of Rifleman. Hope to see them all again

MR. A-TEAM

It was great to see such improvement this weekend and people learning a whole lot while having fun doing so. Every Appleseed I have been to is unique and different in its own way, and last weekend was no exception. I look forward to seeing y'all again, RAH' :cool2:

MSMinuteman

This was my first Appleseed and I have to say I had a blast! The instruction was outstanding! very detailed and entertaining. I enjoyed the shared Patriotism and celebration of our History as a nation of Riflemen.

Looking forward to getting more involved with Appleseed!

Mustang

What a great bunch of shooters this past weekend at Appleseed - Como, MS.  Made some new friends from Kansas and got to see some former shooter compadres from Mississippi.  This was my third Appleseed and finally achieved that Riflemen patch.  Couldn't have done it without the excellent instruction of the Shoot Boss, Line Boss and Applecore volunteer.  These fellows know how to build riflemen and we always appreciate the history they teach and their dedication to the project.  These men are good Americans!

Tennessee Beast

Thanks for stepping up and asking for an orange hat, Mustang!!!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Black Knight

Alan, congratulations on your Orange hat.  I knew you had what it takes.  A Rifleman persists and you certainly did!
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Mustang

Black Knight

This was my first time at Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club range in Como, MS.  The staff is very pro Appleseed.
Black Knight

Black Knight

We had a great mix of experienced and new shooters.  The enthusiasm and attentiveness was demonstrated by all.
Black Knight

Black Knight

And here are some more pictures to support the enthusiasm and attentiveness.
Black Knight

Black Knight

The Riflemen kept showing up proving that they well knew what they were about.  There were several shooters knocking at the door and they were looking forward to their next Appeseed.
Black Knight

Mustang

Thanks Black Knight for preserving the memories of this fun event through photos.