News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA AAR 27-28 Mar 2021 IBC

Started by Maximum Ordinate, March 31, 2021, 12:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

We had a fantastic time at the Sacramento County Shooting Club just outside of Sacramento, CA.  It's been many years (pre-Appleseed days) since I've been in California and the skies are as beautiful as I remember them.  The range is fantastic and we're grateful they host Project Appleseed events!

One of my mentor's, Phenry, once told me, "Everyone needs an IBC, from orange hat to MI."  He's right.  I learn stuff at every one I attend!  Sacramento 3-21 was no different!

California is a big place and we had eight folks turn out of the weekend, from as far as 6 hours away.  It's doubly impressive when you consider that most everyone was at ScubaSteve's pistol IBC the weekend prior! We began with safety and the Appleseed Guidelines, and then dove into Marksmanship.   During a working lunch, we spent time discussing history.  The rest of the day we spent in small group exercises.  Saturday evening was excellent Mexican food. 

We reassembled on Sunday morning and got back to work.  It was great to see folks able to teach with simplicity and precision!  3Huzzahs, Pathogen, and kmkahuna... you guys were doing great!  Of course Ducky, Vinnie, and EagleScouter (all greybeards themselves) they were leading by example!  Christina No.5, it was a real pleasure watching you get comfortable with the material - you're going to be a fine Red Hat.

Lunch on Sunday was the highlight of the weekend for me.  We set aside time to do history drills.  Each attendee had been assigned a topic in advance and a time limit of three or five minutes.  It's a lot of fun and everyone gets to learn something new.  The dedication of these Californians was obvious when they stepped up to speak, often on topics new to them.

I am so grateful for the small group leads who worked tirelessly and invested their time to make this a wonderful event.  My personal thanks to: Pathogen, kmkahuna, and Norcal22gal for leading the groups.  Y'all were awesome!

A special shout-out for Norcal22gal.  Thanks for making this event easy for me.  California (and the rest of Appleseed) is lucky to have you counted among us!

Everyone, thank you for attending Sacramento 3-21.  I hope to visit the patriots in California again soon.

in Liberty,
MO

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

eaglescouter

Awesome job well done by the entire California team, thank you for your dedication, support and friendship.

Rusty, somehow you got the weather we promised ScubaSteve, so he might think you owe him :D

My grandfather really liked the saying "learn something new every day."  And he really really liked "I learned something new, I can go home now!"   I can say that within 15 minutes of the start of Rusty's presentation I had met my Grandfathers goal and learned something new, but going home was not an option because there was more cool stuff to learn!

Thank you Rusty for your time, miles and effort.

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

NorCal22Gal

Beautiful weather, great instructors! 

Rusty, thanks for coming out and sharing your expertise with us and dusting us off a bit.  It was greatly appreciated.