News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LiveFreePA EVENT...with TED NUGENT!!!!

Started by mooney, March 03, 2009, 10:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooney

Looking to see if anyone in PA or maybe even NY/DE/MD/NJ might want to attend this as a group. I nice little RWVA mini meet up. I'm hoping to get some ear time with Ted Nugent and having a small Appleseed group there might get us more attention from the Nuge and the Commonwealth Foundation.

It's kind of pricey at $150, especially right after the Appleseed in Allemans, but I'm betting after the Allemans's event we will all be pumped to get the word out.

I plan to go anyway, but would love to have some fellow Appleseeders join me.

Thoughts? Who's interested?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

LiveFreePA
featuring
Ted Nugent

DATE:    Saturday, April 25th, 2009
                        TIME:    8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
               LOCATION:    Elstonville Sportsmen's Association in Manheim, PA.
                       COST:    $150 per person, includes breakfast, cookout with Ted Nugent,
                                                 choice of sporting clays or 3-D archery, live music, cigars,
                                                 adult beverages, and address/archery demonstration by Ted Nugent

For more information, visit LiveFreePA.org

Contact Amy at 717.671.1901 or
AJG@CommonwealthFoundation.org
Mooney

B9

$150.00? Last time I saw him it was $11.50 for third row. Inflation is a killer.
I will mark it down and try to work it in, the money is not the problem, it's the time.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

mooney

Well he's a great businessmen, moved to the Gun/Hunting Lobby side of the entertainment industry and can charge more now,  ;D. I found out an endorsement from the Nudge is possible if we have an extra "six figures" in the Appleseed marketing budget. He has definitely revitalized his name and will be remembered for a lot loner then some of his musical counterparts.

He is definitely a Patriot and hopefully an Appleseeder one day.
Mooney

BlueFeather

FWIW, after I checked the forum to see lots of discussion, but no confirmation anyone had tried to contact him... I did send his organization an email about Appleseed and our Raton April 19th shoot... Raton being arguably the prettiest range in the country and one with which he would be familiar.  I figure if he's been inundated, they would let me know.  So far, no response.  But then,  I've had no response from Glen Beck, Joseph Farah, Chuck Norris, or any of the other writers who are constantly talking about the straits this country is in...  At least Rawles posted a copy of my letter on his site.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised at who shows up April 19th.

BF
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

mooney

I actually have been emailing back and forth with Ted's personal assistant. I invited him to the Allemans Appleseed Event since it's the weekend before he's scheduled to be in PA for the event posted above. That was a no go because of being booked that weekend already in MI. Basically, I was told we should sponser one of his shows to get the word out. I'm hoping he will respond better, personally, to an in person group effort if we can pull it off. I'm waiting to see what's involved with sponsering a show, but I suspect it's not in my budget and probably not in Appleseed's budget either.
Mooney

Fred

Quote...but I suspect it's not in my budget and probably not in Appleseed's budget either.

You suspect quite right.

There seems to be "no money" for the Cause we all espouse.

Heck, I could go to Sarah Lee with an anti-gun proposal and have 50k cash this PM - and a lot of other corporations.

Looks like the best policy is to be up front with his PA, and tell him flat out we have no money - and if he disses us for that, at least we've learned something, and can move on to more promising prospects.

Heck, how long would it take him to plug Appleseed during his show? Ten seconds? Five?

Keep on with this, persist - there's hope yet.

More emails to him wouldn't hurt, I would think. Do we have more than one BlueFeather in this group?   @)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

TreadCarefully

I talked to his PA about the first Michigan Appleseed. She seemed to like the idea of his attending, but he had a show in Nevada that weekend.

Showing up in force sounds like a good idea.
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Scout

Quote from: BlueFeather on March 03, 2009, 11:24:26 AM
FWIW, after I checked the forum to see lots of discussion, but no confirmation anyone had tried to contact him...

I have sent three emails so far to Mr. Nugent and he has a website for his fans and I have posted on it. But as you mention, I have sent emails to almost everyone you can imagine in entertainment and I have yet to get much back ...so far. But I continue to do it day in and day out because one day soon I am going to make a breakthrough and it will benefit the program. A Rifleman, persists, adapts and a Rifleman overcomes and it eventually pays off.

I continue to call in to radio shows, local and national and one day soon I will be successful at that also. ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

spider

What about dues money?

I am a member of a non-profit cinema organization.  Membership of just $20 a year per family raises $400,000 to operate and upgrade the cinema.  That is money that we do not have to send to the movie companies.   The other big one is wills.  I've seen non-profits get multi-millions because someone believed in the cause.

10,000 members kicking in $20 each gives us... $200,000.  Nobody bills me for my dues.  I just send it in to RWVA.  Voluntarily.  They send me my card.

If every rifle owner in the country sent in $20 we could get Fred elected POTUS.  Sometimes it takes money to grease the wheels.
Work equals force times distance.  Force equals mass times acceleration.

"Live Free or Die;  There are many evils worse than death."  Gen. John Stark