News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elko, NV

Started by smle, March 03, 2009, 02:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smle

OK FOLKS, it's offical. We have a shoot in Elko NV. Now lets fill it up with say......a hundred shooters on the line.

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

Desertrunnv

I have spread about 400 fliers around town and also at the sporting goods store in Battle Mountain. 

How do you tell if anyone has signed up yet. ++)

wcmartin1

Quote from: Desertrunnv on March 22, 2009, 01:55:45 PM
I have spread about 400 fliers around town and also at the sporting goods store in Battle Mountain. 

How do you tell if anyone has signed up yet. ++)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4469.0
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

smle

Usually a week before the shoot the preregisrations start really coming in.

Desertrunnv

Wade and his wife came by today.  Real nice people.   O0

Went out to the range and Wade shot a few rounds.  He is first rate.

Put out about 200 more fliers around town.

Wade

Quote from: Desertrunnv on April 04, 2009, 08:34:29 PM
Wade and his wife came by today.  Real nice people.   O0

Went out to the range and Wade shot a few rounds.  He is first rate.

Put out about 200 more fliers around town.

He forgot tell ya about his talking with other shooters at the Range ,,after his talking with em  I think they will show up at the shoot there O0 Desertrunnv great guy and just as nervouse as I was with getting the first shoot going at the Washington DAR  ,However I think my job was easyer I played in the dirt with a machine Wheeler44 did the promotions and got the shooters to the fireing line .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

smle

Let me say from experience, putting on one of these events start to finish is enough to make a wreck waiting to happen out of most anyone. And I'm sure there are many others here can agree with me.

Just hang in there and keep up the good work. And on Sunday when it's all over you think to yourself:
WOW! I DID IT!

The sense of satisfaction cannot be described.

smle

LayloPro

Hi folks.....
Wanted to pop in & say "Hello" to introduce ourselves.....Howdy! This should be a great shoot, & we are really looking forward to it!

MrBill & I will be "co-SB-ing" this shoot, & welcome any and all advice about how to best serve the folks out in Elko @ this AS.....

If we have any BOTG that could give us some info on the range, that will help in deciding how much of our kits to bring with us....things like what sort of line is available, cover, target line equipment currently in place, eating area for lunch, etc.....anything that will help will be good....pictures are very helpful.... ;)

We will do our best to be there before the end of the day Friday (bit of a drive from SoCal..) so we can recon & set up whatever we can for Saturday.....

If you are available to help, in whatever capacity, we welcome the help....

Also, the URL for the range says they "go out to 600 yds"....do they have any steel hung at that range currently? We might be able to bring some with us for a KD section of this AS..... :~

As said before, we are looking forward to it, and being able to give the folks in East Neva some good history & marksmanship training......

Let's get 'er dun!! O0

BTW, Wade, are you going to be in this AO at all? Love to have you help out if possible.... 8)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

featherblue

Laylopro,

My wife and I are registered for Elko. We would be happy to help setup, etc. We will be driving in from west Nevada (south of Carson City). We should be there Friday early afternoon.

We have not been to that range before so have no info. Hope we have a decent turnout!

-fb 

�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

LayloPro

Hey there, FeatherBlue,

Glad to have you!! Sounds like we're gonna be under the gun a bit, making sure you have a "better time" than @ Fallon, but we will do our best. ;)

I have not yet contacted the range yet, does anyone know any contact people there?

Looking forward to doing this, folks.
TTYS
LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

arashi

If needed, Featherblue can pick up my line equipment in Reno on the way out.  I don't need it until the following weekend.

I feel bad because I don't think it would be possible to have a better time then Fallon...   

LayloPro

I feel bad because I don't think it would be possible to have a better time then Fallon...

Well, we can only try the best we know how..... @) :))

LLP

Desertrunnv

Hi All,

I am the sponsor or the elko shoot, have not heard a lot yet on what I need to have ready, etc. 

Range is reserved and I have Friday off for set up.   Anyone have advice or suggestions.  You can email me and elkoappleseed@gmail.com.

Only two weeks away.

bob

LayloPro

Hi Bob,
email sent....
LLP

featherblue

Desertrunnv,

"Anyone have advice or suggestions." Yea, I have advice! Cancel any wind and blowing sand!  O0

As I indicated above my wife and I will be there Friday afternoon and are willing helpers.  :)

I may bring a steel plate target for the 600 yard range you have there.

-fb

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

LayloPro

Heh....a man after our own hearts...... O0 O0 :~

Desertrunnv

All sounds good,  

Remember this is Northern Nevada, Wind and Blowing sand is always in the weather.  

But today mostly rain go figure.

featherblue

Quote from: Laylopro on May 02, 2009, 09:23:19 PM

Heh....a man after our own hearts...... O0 O0 :~

Oh, oh, now I have to bring the steel plate!!  ;D

-fb

LayloPro

Did I mention that MrBill is, by his own admission, a "recovering bench rest shooter"? We have been working hard to get him to lay back down in the dirt, & shoot "like a Rifleman" (My apologies to all the other BR guys out there!)......

But yeah, we both like listening for a "ting" from far away.......... <:) :D :)) :~

Bring it!! <:)

LLP

MrBill

MrBill signing on to this thread.

This is going to be a blast (OK pun intended).

Any chance for some pictures of the place so that I can figure out what I need for Flag holders, and banner support and what our shooting area looks like?

Cheers

Bill
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."  Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

LayloPro

Hey Everybody!
We are currently at 15 pre-regs for this shoot, so whatever promoting you folks are doing, you just doubled the shoot in one week!! Keep up the great work! Don't know if we'll end up with 100 on the line, but we will certainly work with all that come out! @@) O0

We are slated to be out there Friday at the range about 2-ish, so we look forward to meeting our BOTG out there then.....
as said before, we're looking forward to this!

MrBill, pix sent in email to you.....bring Betsy, it looks like we may get to hear "ting"........ <:) :~

LLP

featherblue

The "TING" device is ready to go. It is a 19" diameter black circle with a real bright yellow 8" diameter aiming dot.  O0

LayloPro

with a real bright yellow 8" diameter aiming dot

OOOOoooohhhhhhhhh, pretty!!! I like it already!!! O0 O0 O0 :~ :~ :~

OK, shooters.....IMC question!!

@ 600 yds, how many MOA is a 19" circle?

Is this a Rifleman capable target?  %) O0 <:)

-THIS- is gonna be a very fun shoot........ :~ O0 <:)

LLP

Camljr

About 3 MOA.  close enough.  ++)

You rifleman should be able to handle that! :~ :~ :~

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

featherblue

Looks like the plate will be out of range for my rimfire rig!  :( I think I'd better bring something more serious to aim at the plate.  ;D

-fb

LayloPro

OK, shooters.....IMC question!!

Yep, a "shooter " question....but there -always- has to be a smarty somewhere in the back of the room.....shouting out the answer....... &) **) @&)

I think I'd better bring something more serious to aim at the plate.

To quote our girl, Gov. Palin, "You betcha!!"

We will...... %) <:) O0

LLP

Desertrunnv

I would like to say thanks to all that made this shoot posiable.   

We completed it today and the instructors were great. I have had instruction by many organizations over the last 30-years, and the instructor that came to Elko were great, patiant and made it fun for all.  Several people that were only going to shoot the first day came back the second.

Thanks all we will have to do it agian.

Oh ya and we did get one Rifleman out of the group.

Dirty130

Thank you Bob!

That was a great range that you got for us.  Good people, great attitudes and awesome shooting!  It was my pleasure to be out there with all of you this weekend.

Congrats to Kaleb! Our newest Rifleman/IIT.  I hope to work with you again in the near future.

Until next time,

Dirty
Anything, Anytime, Anywhere

featherblue

Thank you Desertrunnv for making this shoot possible! We really liked the range and the berms you built to keep the wind off us!!  ;D

Till next time,

-fb