News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Somers CT, Feb 6, 2021

Started by TOMINCT, February 09, 2021, 02:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

6 persevering souls attended the 1 day Appleseed at Somers Sportsman's Assn this past Saturday. Yes, there was enough snow, cold and wind to make it a Winterseed. The event drew folks from NY and Ct for the first event of the year.

We had some nice groups appear early on with also some struggles with equipment and zero issues, but once sorted out we netted 2 Riflemen. Others showed marked improvement over the day before things wound down near sunset.

Greg, a repeat Rifleman, made the grade with a solid 220 score. Mark made it at his first event with a 229, cleaning the 4th stage in the process! HUZZAH!

Alex came close with a 207 and Kamel fired some great groups on several stages. Just need a little time to put it together.  ~~:)

Parallax did his duties well on demos and working the line. His expertise certainly made a difference with whom he worked with.

We'd like to thank the Somers Sportsman's club for use of the facility, they have become a strong supporter in a part of the state that had languished in the past. We hope to have a 2 day event there later this season.

Even in the winter a Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

scuzzy

Glad to see y'all are persisting up there in the frozen lands to the north. lol - one event here in Texas it was about 15 degrees Saturday morning. I was joking to my fellow instructors wondering how the first redcoat of the day would turn out. I figured it was so cold they would all be shaking so bad that they wouldn't be able to hit a thing. Turns out I was very wrong. It was so cold they were frozen into a good position and did some of the best redcoats I'd ever seen on a Saturday morning.

We're just finally going to get some really cold weather down south this week. Better go split some more firewood.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Parallax

Scuzzy, we had picked February to make sure we had good Winterseed conditions. Saturday turned out to be the better weather for the weekend. Sunday was another 8 inches of snow. I'm looking forward to getting some trigger time in the snow myself this coming weekend.

Following are some pictures of the day.

Parallax

Here are the first.

Parallax

First Strike and Red Coats!

Parallax

The work begins. Also a 1950's Marlin Model 39 on the firing line.

Parallax

Group Photo!

Parallax

The Rifleman :F

cornhskr

Huzzah!  Good shooting.  Nice patch.

Bill the Cat

Wish I could have made it. Looks like a great time.

Huzzah for the crew and participants

Edge

This was a great time. Good winter weather. Parallax and TominCT did an awesome job running the day. The history lessons were top notch and riveting.

There was even someone from NJ. While he didn't patch he improved throughout the day. Won't be long before he is wearing his Rifleman patch.

I am hoping we can make this Winter date a regular thing. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and everyone was smiling despite the cold and snow.

Look for a date in August or September for a regular Appleseed.

TOMINCT

Quote from: edgephoto on February 10, 2021, 08:33:14 PM

I am hoping we can make this Winter date a regular thing. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and everyone was smiling despite the cold and snow.

Look for a date in August or September for a regular Appleseed.

O0 O0
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13