News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gainesville, FL AAR Jan. 30-31, 2021

Started by 9mm4545, February 01, 2021, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

I love winter Appleseed'sâ€"in Florida! We had a great event with glorious weather and a collection of students who exhibited persistence, dedication, and honest improvement throughout the entire weekend. Our program of instruction emphasized the use of dry practice, partly in response to the current (recurrent?) ammo shortage and partly because it seems to result in more improvement, faster. In any case, when we began shooting groups the results were clear: we had shooters! From the youngest to the oldest, everyone absorbed the instruction well and the instructors were richly paid in student progress. By the end of the day on Sunday we had three Riflemen: David, Dan, and Denny. Well done, sirs!

The shoot could not have happened without the great help from Appleseed instructors and volunteers Tom, Randy, Janet, Jean, Frank, and Pete. Thank you for your skill and dedication, ‘cause it couldn't happen without you guys.

Lastly, we are blessed to have the support of ShootGTR in hosting Appleseed shoots. Our dearly departed Smoakingun, who organized and set up this shoot after a long period of Appleseed inactivity in Gainesville, surely was looking on from Heaven with approval. I know his spirit was present and felt by those who knew him.

If you took photos, please share them and please give your comments. Remember! Dry fire is your friend! Practice perfectly and persist and your success is guaranteed.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

FarmerDave

Tom, Randy, Janet, Jean, Frank and Pete,

My children and I had an incredible weekend! Your enthusiasm and zeal for Liberty and Marksmanship was infectious and the three of my children that came along were already asking when we could attend again. Words can not adequately convey our appreciate for your sacrifice of time to impart such essential skills to all of us who attended.

I personally was touched with the patience and attention given to my daughter, Jemma, who loved every minute of it. Also, special thanks to Frank for sharing his vintage WWII weapons at the end of the event Sunday.

You can rest assured the traditions of marksmanship will be fostered in this next generation.

Mission accomplished!

Warm regards,

Dave, and kids (Dave Jr., Ethan, and Jemma)

rambo granny

FarmerDave,
Working with your family was a pleasure! Also thanks for the "only real kind of eggs" ðŸ˜, you shared with all. Very inspiring that your kids gathered those before coming back to the event. Wow!

Here are pics of 3 Riflemen and 3 great young patriots with more to follow later.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v5c659jpb42o1md/AABD-0t3cGmLBM7OWP0D3RoDa?dl=0
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

rambo granny

Here's a short 2.5 minute movie and tribute to Smoakingun who had set up the event
Turn on speakers and watch full screen
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oyz2yxpokjfqav/Gainesville%201%2030-31%202021.mov?dl=0
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

FarmerDave

Great video!

I appreciate you taking the time to put this together. Great highlights!

We will be watching for the next dates in Gainesville.

Farmer Dave

Minutemom

Looks like it was a great shoot! Huzzah!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

TomM1Thumb

Minutemom It was a great event, I do believe everyone have a great learning experience,

the weather was Good, the people where Great.

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine