News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chino Valley, Az Jan 30, 2021 One Day Pistol Appleseed AAR

Started by pennys dad, January 31, 2021, 09:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Chino Valley, Az Jan 30, 2021 One Day Pistol Appleseed AAR

Hi Everyone

Well this was the first "Appleseed Pistol Class" at The Compass Training Center in Chino Valley, Az, and it was a crazy weather opening day. My Goodness!
Sorry I will have no pictures this time. David (BuckleNose) and I had a busy day of weather challenges.
Our students did a great job and came prepared.
Our day started at 730am at the gate to the range, for the past few days we have had freezing nights, snow, freezing rain, and on this morning we had a frozen lock  O0
Yes!! I had a fix, you see my best half Karen was raised in Maine and she told me to pour some hot water over the lock. I did and the lock popped open, i then sprayed it with some WD40 and we drove in.
With new knowledge in had we went to move the trailer, it was snow locked in two feet of snow. No problem 4WD Low and shovel and we moved out effectively to our assigned range. The trailer has three locks and all three were frozen. Easy fix, pour in hot coffee, open the locks and WD40 them after.
We started out the class with the 1st Strike it is the kick off of the most amazing day in American. We talked about Safety Rules, Misfires and Appleseed staples.
We got started with first shots, six steps, dry practice and more.
We did front post drills, grip drills, cross eye dominant training and forward progress was had.
It was a great day, full of cold and foggy morning, cold and overcast noon. Thawed slushy ice, deep boot sucking mud mixed in with History, Pistol instruction, talking targets and a great group of students.

Thank you everyone for attending.
Thank you Compass for hosting us.
Thank you God for a Safe and Great day serving your people.