News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any appleseeders near Austin that build AK's?

Started by thisismyboomstick, March 02, 2009, 10:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisismyboomstick

I recently moved out here from CA. Back in CA I had a pretty decent set up for AK assembly. Blast cabinet, park tank, press, and other various tools. Now I'm stuck in a 1br apartment without much of anything. Is there anybody close by that is set up for blast and park or AK assembly? I wouldn't mind driving a bit.

metalbot

I have a kit, parts, and the desire to do a build.  I don't have a press, so I can't complete the build.

If there's anyone in Central Texas who could walk me through it, I'd be much obliged.
Davilla 1108

BDG

all the more reason to have a build party! I certainly wish to add an AK to my assortment and would enjoy the experience of having a build party.  ;)
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

KodyJaret

If you can't line up a press, screws are a viable alternative,. I've got the rivets , but not the press. My 'mentor' says he uses screws, and prefers them.  Additionally it offers the added advantge, that in the unlikely event that you would want to change out the barrel, it makes it much easier.

thisismyboomstick

Quote from: BDG on March 11, 2009, 06:36:38 PM
all the more reason to have a build party! I certainly wish to add an AK to my assortment and would enjoy the experience of having a build party.  ;)

I would be all for a build party. At my previous residence I'd be able to offer some facilities and equipment but here I don't have much. All I have is a NO-GO headspace guage and 5mm and 7mm reamers.

fepowered

You will likely find the resources you need over in the state forums at AR15.com.....
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."