News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas in March

Started by wcmartin1, March 02, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcmartin1

OK, Texas, February is in the history books and it was a good month for the Lone Star State, but now there's four five events in March that need your help with promotin', staffin', or at least by showing up and shootin'.   :~

Davilla, TX - March 14-15, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot - Along with the usual suspects I'll bet we've got some new Instructors from the February Boot Camp that are all fired up and wantin' to show off their stuff.  I know you don't want to disappoint 'em.  &)

El Paso, TX - March 14-15, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot (Ft. Bliss Rod & Gun- RANGE 7) - According to WestTx this Appleseed is being held on the newly requisitioned birdshot free range.  That's too bad - I always did like a little pepper in the morning just to start the day right.  <:)

College Station, TX - March 21-22, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot - This one just popped up and it's the first event at this range.  Caution - there's gonna be Aggies with guns.  :o

Amarillo, TX - March 28-29, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot - Although Amarillo has held an Appleseed before, this one's at an indoor range.  Bring your wife and kids and learn how to shoot in a more sissified climate controlled environment.  ^-^

El Paso, TX - March 28-29, 2009 - Appleseed Shoot (EPCC) - By God, here's another one at an indoor range.  I'm not sure I'd know how to shoot properly without breathin' in a lung full of good ol' West Texas dust, but maybe y'all can figure it out.  ???  Think I heard a rumor 'bout funfaler bein' at this one, too.

More info for these events with links to flyers and such can be found here http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4951.0

Now don't forget - them Kalifornian's are still fired up and braggin' on bein' the biggest, baddest Appleseeders in the country and they make a pretty powerful argument, if you listen to 'em.  Y'all get to the line and show 'em what's what!

Git-R-Done, Texas!   O0

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

trailblazer

Hello wcmartin1,
I haven't followed all the talk about those Kalifornian's,
but they get all fired up about bein outside and shooting because under normal circumstances they aren't trusted by their local politicians to touch one of those sticks that go bang  :~
they are deprived - I mean "protected"  **)
So when Appleseed came along and reminded them about the Constitution and Bill of Rights they realized what they lost  :'(
But with a little help I's sure they can recover their sacred rights from those nasty thieves - I mean politicians  &)
Here in my part of the world I can go out the front door & shoot while the Sheriff's Deputy drives by - not in his direction of course  @)
Trailblazer

voortrekker

Quote from: trailblazer on March 26, 2009, 08:30:44 PM
Hello wcmartin1,
I haven't followed all the talk about those Kalifornian's,
but they get all fired up about bein outside and shooting because under normal circumstances they aren't trusted by their local politicians to touch one of those sticks that go bang  :~
they are deprived - I mean "protected"  **)
So when Appleseed came along and reminded them about the Constitution and Bill of Rights they realized what they lost  :'(
But with a little help I's sure they can recover their sacred rights from those nasty thieves - I mean politicians  &)
Here in my part of the world I can go out the front door & shoot while the Sheriff's Deputy drives by - not in his direction of course  @)
Trailblazer

trailblazer,

Take it a bit easier on our California Brethren.

Indeed, California as a state as some serious issues regarding the 2nd Amendment.

As a native and born, Texan, I would stand shoulder to shoulder, without hesitation, with Californian's striving to make a difference in our Republic towards Liberty.

The RWVA contingent in California is doing just that.

In fact, they are holding more events and instructing more citizens of our Republic than any other state in the Union to date.

Remember, We All ought to be in this endeavor together, despite at which state we may reside and have pride in.

What was it that Ben Franklin said, "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Very true words, especially during present time.

brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

wcmartin1

Quote from: voortrekker on March 26, 2009, 10:27:21 PM
In fact, they are holding more events and instructing more citizens of our Republic than any other state in the Union to date.

That's the problem, dagnabit!  !@#) 

This just can't be.  >:(

Git-R-Done, Texas.  &)
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837