News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pistol Event Huntsville, AL 9 Jan 2021

Started by Mixed Metaphor, January 11, 2021, 09:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama has conducted our first indoor Pistol event.
IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!

I want extend our deepest gratitude to Bullet and Barrel!  Bullet and Barrel is a National Shooting Sports Foundation 5-Star facility.  They also have a Ladies Clothing Boutique.  Please check the schedule for future events there. 

I want to thank all of the Shooters from the bottom of my heart.  I appreciate that you gave a day of your life to us.  I hope that you all found the time well spent.  I hope to see you all again soon!

Registration and early morning classes were held in their small classroom.  We had instruction on safety, the onion of self-defense and a recount of the First Strike by Tanker018.  Then, into the range we went.  Our first 13 rounds were on the Hits Count/ Red Coat target.  On the range we learned about proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Weaver and Isosceles stances, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.

We practiced what was taught using the Small DOTS target.  Practical exercises for each block of instruction.   

We learned to watch our support thumbs closely.  We learned what the term "Glock bite" means.

At lunch Tanker018 recounted the 2nd Strike for us and we talked about the history of our great Republic.

After the practical exercises, we proceeded to the PQTs. 

We had 4 out of the 8 qualify as Pistoleer™s!  Rick(Tanker018), Jared(Schutze), Charles(WileyCoyote) and Chris.  There was great improvement on the line. 

In the middle of the afternoon, it was time for Strike 3!  AH1Tom riveted the group with the 3rd Strike.

I can't possibly express my gratitude adequately to Tanker018, AH1Tom and Shutze for their assistance in telling the 3 Strikes, clearing the line and generally having my back.  They all have my undying love and respect.
We had shooters from AL, TN, NC and GA.

I love Appleseed.

If you have pictures, please post them here.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

AH1Tom

It was a great day for liberty. What an awesome range facility. It makes a father proud to see his son qualify, now if dad could only shoot as well as his son.

CHock

Thanks to Gary and all in attendance for another great Project Appleseed experience! I am looking forward to the next one.

Chris
"Where Liberty dwells, there is my country"

CHock

I have tried to share photos, but the forum isn't cooperating. I'll try it the "old fashioned way" :)

"Where Liberty dwells, there is my country"

Tanker018

Gary, thanks so much for having the event, to Bullet and Barrel for hosting Appleseed. I had a great time and learned a lot.

Old Navy Doc

This site is truly in a class by itself. Mixed Metaphor did a fantastic job running and teaching this class. The knowledge imparted and the improvement obtained in one short day was astounding. I strongly recommend this class and venue.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

CokeGuy

Thanks, Gary, for continuing to turn out Pistoleer™s for Georgia! Congratulations, wileycoyote...we'll put you to work now.
Everett

Mixed Metaphor

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama