News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any chance of a Winterseed?

Started by 22Salty, December 30, 2020, 05:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22Salty

We are coming up on the end of December and I was wondering if there has been any talk of organizing a Winterseed? Given that I don't own a rifle range, is there any way I can help if someone decides to organize one?
Kevin
Formerly known as DJ Liber-T
First Appleseed: Oct 10, Monticello, MN
Re-qualify Rifleman: April 25, 2021, Monticello, MN
Ambidextrous Rifleman: Oct 10, 2021, River Falls, WI
First Instructor Bootcamp: Apr 2022, Monticello, MN
Red Hat: June 5, 2022

Burnett

I cannot help you make it happen, but interested in one.
What part of Minnesota are you in?
Greg

22Salty

I'm in Mankato. Couple ranges near me but I don't think any of them have done an Appleseed before. I mentioned Project Appleseed at Caribou Gun Club in Le Sueur and they had never heard of it.

Theokestral

We have an event on the schedule in Racine, WI on February 27th. It will most likely qualify as a Winterseed based on temperature alone (regardless of any precipitation). It is a 6 hour drive for you though...

It's my understanding that many clubs are finalizing their 2021 calendars, so it might be hard to book a range at this point. But the worst anyone could say is "no."

I looked at the AAR board, and it looks like Southern Minnesota Sportmen's Club in Rochester had an event as recently as 2016. Might be worth messaging any of the people from that thread and seeing what's up. https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=48361.0

You may also want to reach out to Taylor. He's pretty busy, but he runs some events in eastern MN.

attist

Bumping these. Little late for a winterseed this year, BUT if we get one on the schedule earlier rather than later, Monticello Sportsmen Club (~20 mi NW of the cities) has been a great host for a number of shoots over the last few years and I imagine we could work in a Winter Seeed.
Biggest thing we're running in to is a lack of Shoot Bosses to admin & lead the event.
Working to build the MN Instructor group back up!

-Attist
Duluth, MN w/ Martin & RustyRed - 1st Rifleman
Monticello, MN w/ Trig & LGLDLR - Orange Hat...
Monticello, MN w/ ProudPapa14 - Instructor PC!

22Salty

I see that Monticello has added an event for late April so that's good. I need to get a second Appleseed in so I can become an Instructor in Training and eventually help with the lack of shoot bosses problem.

Cyclone336

Burnett

Maybe we could get one together QUICKLY and do it tonight.  !@#)

ProudPapa14

We put a March AS on the schedule in MN.  It will be a hit or miss on whether or not it meets the Winterseed rules, but it is scheduled and available for registration.