News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, Texas Dec 5/6 2020 AAR

Started by bollox, December 08, 2020, 07:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bollox

I want to thank everyone for coming out, keeping the right attitudes, and making this shoot a success. This was a private shoot for Trail Life USA Troop TX0003 (along with a couple of other folks). We had a wide range of skill levels that showed up on Saturday morning, from experienced shooters to folks who had never been exposed to shooting. The Trail Life Troop was graciously permitted by the range owner to camp on the property. This was a "first in a very long while" type of permission and the leaders and boys took care in how the facility was treated. I hope and expect that the range management was pleased as well and that we will be invited to return. We saw enormous improvement in everyone's shooting over the weekend with at least one shooter knocking on the door to "The 210 Club". Toward the end of the day on Sunday it seemed like those Redcoats were flying Mitsubishi Zeros... and diving out of the sun at us as it set directly over the berm! There was some excellent field ingenuity on display as sun shades were fashioned from targets and tape to let us get is 1 last course of fire.

Thanks to the instructors for coming out to facilitate and thanks so much for all the shooters who came out and shared their weekend with us. I hope to see all of you on the line again real soon. 

scuzzy

Yup - the Trail Life young men are some really fine people. They are really getting involved here in Texas. We had a group of about 40 3 weekends ago in Waco and have another event in Waco with them on 19-20 of Dec once again.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

JustKim

I really enjoy working with the Trail Life boys!  We must reach out to them nation-wide - they are a great group!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

CokeGuy

Loved working the Trail Life event in 2019. Also, as I am sure you know, JustKim, American Heritage for girls is active in Florida with Project Appleseed.
Agree with JustKim, we need to go national with both. Covid has gotten in the way of expansion.
Clearly will be on the calendar next year.