News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Dec 12-13, Hollywood, FL

Started by ScubaSteve, December 15, 2020, 08:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

Wow what a great weekend. 26 Americans showed up to learn about their American history and marksmanship.  With an early morning Red Coat and the first strike of the match  the firehose of instruction was opened. By lunch well over 3/4 of the shooters were grouping well.

By late afternoon we made it to our first AQT. No rifleman were discovered on Saturday but a very impressive score of 208 was turned in by Lidia, one of our youth shooters.

On to Sunday morning. Several people were not able to come back on Sunday but the 16 that did were ready to go by 8:30. The Red Coat scores showed much improvement over the day prior but we still had work to do. Squares, Squares and more Squares were shot shrinking those groups.
As we went to AQTs for the afternoon we found that the hard work was paying off.  Monica with a rifle that was way too big for her turned in a high score of 115. Not bad considering she has never shot a rifle before. Lisa turned in a high score of 159. Again outstanding work considering her first AQT was a 73.  Many more adults did extremely well over the weekend. But what about the kids?
Ricky and Bobby (11 and 12 years old) turned in high scores of 168 and 180.  Dino with a 156 on Saturday, and David with a 112.

We found two rifleman on Sunday afternoon.  James (222) Steven (223) and Lidia at age 15 turned in a 211.   

I cant finish this without talking about Kate. Kate is 10 years old. If she weighs 50 pounds it is because she is soaking wet.  She could not hold the weight of the rifle for standing so she shot both stage one and 2 in seated. She turned in scores of 185, 183, and a high of 199. Just to be clear if she had counted correctly and put the correct number of rounds in the right targets she would have made rifleman this weekend.   Keep up the good work. Kate will get it next time.

To all the shooters out there. I hope you had a great weekend and learned a lot.  Have a great holiday season and hope to see you on the line again soon.

StevenK

Pirategirl

Great weekend with some great shooters!  We always love to shoot at Hollywood, never has there been a nicer range, with nicer folks than HRPC.  We made 3 Riflemen, and tons of new friends!  HUZZAH!
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

Planeman

What a privilege to serve such a wonderful group of shooters!  One of my favorite parts of being an Appleseed instructor, is watching the growth and progress of each shooter and seeing that "Aha!" moment.  It truly was a beautiful weekend and each and every shooter took to heart to listen and come with a spirit of learning!  Thanks to all of you, our job was made easy!

Many of you showed interested and desire to come back soon!  Well, we're still working on 2021 dates for HRPC, but we've got another event coming early next year, January 23 and 24, 2021 at Homestead Training Center.  We look forward to seeing you there.

Merry Christmas, happy and safe holidays to all!!
-Joe (Planeman)
"Instead of sitting down satisfied with the efforts we have already made, which is the wish of our enemies, the necessity of the times, now more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance.."  - Samuel Adams-- HUZZAH!!

StevenK

Rustygun

Wow! Looks like a really great Appleseed. Mighty fine

Not Sure

Hollywood was an excellent event.

I was a little unsure about bringing my daughter to such a long day of shooting, let alone two long days of shooting.  Much to my satisfaction, she really enjoyed it and wants to shoot the next one she can.  She liked it so much that she decided that I should share my target on the first AQT, bringing the score on my first round target up to a very respectable 73 out of 50.  Just when I thought I was on my way to a patch, the the scorers brought me back to reality and decided I had to give half of those points back to her. 

We both hope to get some real practice in before the next one.  Let's get some more on the calendar in Hollywood,

Many thanks to Appleseed, the instructors, and all of the volunteers at HRPC.

Mike

StevenK

Flyinlead: Good to see our American Patriot daughters helping out-that's what family is for!  :F

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Puttup

What a fantastic event! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to the outstanding S. FL cadre of volunteers.  The host club; HRPC, is an excellent venue. The facilities are perfect for this program and their commitment to the shooting sports is second to none.

Overall, the passion and dedication of the instructors was evident from the start, and never wavered over the two long, hot days in the Florida sun.  It is December, right? They worked us hard, imparted knowledge, and brought history to life.

I've been to several of these events and learn something new every time.

Like before, I'm left feeling a little stiff; mentally tired; patriotically, elated!  What a terrific time with like minded people, sharing a common interest and values.

This was an absolute treat in an otherwise challenging year. Not only did I hone my skills and proficiency, but the stories surrounding the events of April 19th 1775 never go out of style.

OBTW: a very special thank you to Shoot Boss Scuba Steve for allowing me the opportunity to shoot a Steel AQT.

From my family to all of yours: Merry Christmas ðŸŽ,,🎁
The Cornerstone of a Nation, its men, their families and the community.

Working tools of a Rifleman: Steady Hold Factors, Six Steps in Firing the Shot, NPOA.

I am a Traveling Man