News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville AL Dec 12, 2020 Pistol Clinic - Event ID: 7471

Started by Mixed Metaphor, December 14, 2020, 02:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama has conducted our first Pistol event that was open to the public.
IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!
I want extend our deepest gratitude to Don Eiermann, owner of Hobbs Island Shooting Range.  Don is a tremendous supporter of Liberty and Project Appleseed!  We have held several events there and have many more scheduled.
Thank you to all of the shooters, many of whom drove in from out of town.  Y'all are way groovy!
We arrived around 7:30ish and held an instructor meeting.  Most of the instructors headed down to set up the range.  We had 11 Shooters in Pistol Bay 3 and 4 in Pistol Bay 2. 
We had instruction on safety in the classroom, and an amazing recount of the First Strike by Morpheous.  Then down to the range we went.  Once there, we set up canopies very quickly.  After reviewing safety, we brought pistols to the line.  Our first 13 rounds was a Hits Count/ Red Coat target.  On the range we learned about proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Weaver and Isosceles stances, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.
We practiced what was taught using the Small DOTS target.  Practical exercises for each block of instruction.   
There was great discussion throughout the weekend on the course of fire.  A great learning experience for all!
After the practical exercises, we proceeded to the PQTs. 
We had 5 out of the 15 qualify as Pistoleer™s!  John, Matt, Cleveland, BulletSquid, and CokeGuy. 
I can't possibly express my gratitude adequately to Tennessee Beast and Booney Stomper for travelling from Tennessee for the second time in less than a month to help.  Thanks to Maximum Ordinate taking the small group to Bay 2 for the PQT "grind".  We had shooters from AL, TN, MS, SC and GA.
No pressure on the Shoot Boss!  We only had the National Coordinator, the Southeast Regional Coordinator, the National Marketing Director and the Tennessee State Coordinator.  A total of 3 or 4 Master Instructors, a Senior Instructor and 2 Designated Shoot Bosses.  Every one of them were exceptionally gracious and helpful.  I covet their input and listen when they speak.  They all have my undying love and respect.
I love Appleseed.

If'n ya got pichers, post'em up here pleez.

May Liberty Increase!

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

CokeGuy

Another great day at the range with some of the finest folks in my life! Thanks to all for sacrificing time to conduct and to attend this event.
After my third clinic (the first public), finally smoothed out the kinks and scored a 217 then a 225 for that coveted Pistoleer™ patch. Thanks so much to Rusty for the great "side" clinic for those of us who had already completed the other instructor segments. It was a great pleasure again to spend time with Karen and Jen and Google on the line. You guys are always worth the trip from Georgia. Now, to schedule and help out at some pistol clinics in Georgia.

Tennessee Beast

Huzzah to those who made Pistoleer™.  For those that didn't, remember that a Rifleman (and Pistoleer™) persists!  Many of us did not make it at our first (or even second Appleseed Pistol) clinic.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

NobleSavage

The pistol course was a great experience. I bought a S&W Victory specifically for this event and glad I did! I was a little nervous when I realized I was surrounded by so many instructors and John Tidwell...
I was afraid I couldn't hang.
But I persevered and got the patch.
That certainly helped me going into Sunday.
Sunday was a challenge to say the least.
See y'all on the range.
Matt
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
H.L. Mencken

Old Navy Doc

Thanks to all for developing and hosting a wonderful new clinic. The group had an amazing educational experience and the rain only damped our targets but not our spirits. I look forward to returning next month to this beautiful facility.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Cleveland

What a great day. It was fun being a "shooter" for a change instead of instructing. Many thanks to Mixed Metaphor and crew for putting on such a fun event.

Liberty,
Cleveland
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Ramblin' Wreck

You did indeed have a good weekend sir. You hit the trifecta. Pistol, Rifle and RKD patch. Now go get something to sew/glue them on.  **)
Nice work!
Hope to see you soon.
Wreck

Quote from: NobleSavage on December 14, 2020, 05:13:59 PMThe pistol course was a great experience. I bought a S&W Victory specifically for this event and glad I did! I was a little nervous when I realized I was surrounded by so many instructors and John Tidwell...
I was afraid I couldn't hang.
But I persevered and got the patch.
That certainly helped me going into Sunday.
Sunday was a challenge to say the least.
See y'all on the range.
Matt
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Mixed Metaphor

Picture of Little John.  If you meet him, you'll like him.  He's a hoot.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

ScubaSteve