News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tuscaloosa AL, Dec 5-6, 2020

Started by EddieB, December 09, 2020, 12:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

Our latest Appleseed event at Tuscaloosa Shooting Sports was a success!  The weather was a bit chilly in the morning, but there was no wind and the day was beautiful.  Eight shooters decided to get off the couch and spend the weekend immersed in marksmanship and heritage.  We started off the event with the telling of the events of April 19, 1775 on Lexington Green.  Then after learning the safety rules, rifles were brought to the line and we established a baseline using the Redcoat targets!  Instruction and drills followed, all aimed at building and mastering the skills necessary for the Appleseed Qualification Test.  We heard about the fight at the North Bridge in Concord, and later the fight at Merriam's Corner that started it all.  We managed to get an AQT finished before ending the day with another Redcoat target.  The scores were much improved compared to this morning.  Maybe the day's instruction helped?

Sunday morning we quickly got back into the groove.  After a brief review that had plenty of shooter participation, we shot several sighter squares and did a few more drills.  How did you like Ball and Dummy?  We shot our first AQT of the day and then took a break for lunch.  Several stories of Dangerous Old Men (and Women) were shared, then we had a preview of the material covered at Appleseed Known Distance events. 

The AQT grind took off after lunch.  Doug shot a 231, becoming a Rifleman at his first Appleseed event!  Three shooters requalified:  David with 241, Dawson with a high score of 245, and Shaun with an astounding 248!  These Tuscaloosa guys know how to shoot.

Thanks to Barry and Tuscaloosa Shooting Sports for their continued generosity in hosting our event! 

Timo, Harry, Justin, and Owen, I look forward to seeing you on the line soon!

Tell your family and friends what you learned about our nation's beginning and the people who sacrificed to give us the Liberty we have today.  Please come back to Appleseed, and don't forget to bring a friend!

Savage22 starting off the morning instruction

Ready on the right?

Ready on the left?

Shaun requalifies (again!)

David sets his new Personal Best!

Dawson has succeeded in outshooting his dad (David)!

Doug is our latest Rifleman!

Ball and Dummy

Our three Youth attendees were given the William Diamond patch.

The group

Hytekrednek

Thank you for another great Appleseed event Eddie and Savage 22!  I keep coming because I keep learning, plus, it is loads of fun. Keep up the superb work men! Thank you for your time and help.

Oh, dial those scope magnifications back a bit... it helps in more ways than one!!!
Shaun

Hytekrednek

Congratulations Doug on qualifying Rifleman at your first Appleseed event!

Savage22

What an amazing group this was! All showed lots of improvement over the course of the weekend. Hope to see all of you back on the line again.
They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry

Dave W 262

Thanks for another great Appleseed Event. I was particularly proud of my son Dawson for shooting a 245. He showed up with the goal of getting his distinguished badge and he did it. I would also like to congratulate my friend Shaun for shooting a 248 ( keep that magnification down) and my friend Doug (the LSU fan) for getting his rifleman's badge at his first appleseed shooting a 231. Well done everyone.