Author Topic: Morgan's Riflemen Flag  (Read 1545 times)

Offline CarrollMS

• Instructor
  • Kentucky State Coordinator
Morgan's Riflemen Flag
« on: December 06, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »
I would love to have that flag. Daniel Morgan is my wife's 1st Cousin 7x Removed through Daniel Boone. 

I found this 3'x5' at $69 here:  https://humphrysflag.com/morgans-rifles/

Here is a little desk-sized from Ebay  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Morgans-Rifle-Corps-XI-Virginia-Regt-American-Revolution-Mini-Desk-Flag-4-x-5-/143204695978

Does anyone have other sources?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 04:16:01 PM by Maximum Ordinate »
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Online Mrs. Smith

• Deputy Ladyseed National Coordinator - NM State Coordinator
  • TANSTAAFL!
Re: Morgan's Riflemen Flag
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 03:18:00 PM »
 Ghostring got these. I'll see if I can find out the source!

I would love to have that flag. Daniel Morgan is my wife's 1st Cousin 7x Removed through Daniel Boone. 

I found this 3'x5' at $69 here:  https://humphrysflag.com/morgans-rifles/

Here is a little desk-sized from Ebay  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Morgans-Rifle-Corps-XI-Virginia-Regt-American-Revolution-Mini-Desk-Flag-4-x-5-/143204695978

Does anyone have other sources?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 04:16:14 PM by Maximum Ordinate »
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19  KD Requal 10/04/20

Offline Ramblin' Wreck

• Master Instructor
  • Pistol Instructor

• The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
Re: Roster of Morgan's Riflemen
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 12:23:35 PM »
Congrats!  ^:)^
I need one of those flags. Where did you order it?
Wreck

Let's see if I can't get you the information you're asking for:

On the 6th of December 2020, five of our seven KD participants connected with the shingle.  Image is attached:

Terry A.
Erik G.
Casey N.
Robyin P.
Seth W.

Although we recorded their home states on the certificate, I did not think to record the information.  Let me know if this is considered highly-desired and I can email the participants if necessary.
KD Requal 2/22/19 at 600 yards AR15 Service Rifle 50/50 - irons
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
45 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 9/15/21

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

Rifleman 5/29/16

Offline Leadslinger66

• Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

Re: Roster of Morgan's Riflemen
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:54 PM »
Congrats!  ^:)^
I need one of those flags. Where did you order it?
Wreck

Let's see if I can't get you the information you're asking for:

On the 6th of December 2020, five of our seven KD participants connected with the shingle.  Image is attached:

Terry A.
Erik G.
Casey N.
Robyin P.
Seth W.

Although we recorded their home states on the certificate, I did not think to record the information.  Let me know if this is considered highly-desired and I can email the participants if necessary.

I wouldn’t mind one of the small ones, but it was $10.60 with $14.55 as the cheapest shipping option. If enough people in the TN Valley area wanted these, we might want to combine orders?
John

“We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.” - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Offline Thaddeus

• Charter Pistol Instructor
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor

Charter Pistol Instructor

• Senior Staff: Logistics
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 02:45:51 PM »
Maybe we can get a Store pricing. I'll do some digging.

Thaddeus

Offline CarrollMS

• Instructor
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 09:46:01 AM »
Thaddeus:  Could you please also investigate a flag patch. It might be that the AOC would decide to reserve it for those who have qualified for the Morgans' Riflemen Roster by shooting the shingle at 250 (maybe with a bar for iron sights!)

Thaddeus
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 12:49:21 PM »
Carroll, there is already a process in place for this, and a patch designed for it.  :cool2:

For your reference, sir: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=59673.0

Thaddeus:  Could you please also investigate a flag patch. It might be that the AOC would decide to reserve it for those who have qualified for the Morgans' Riflemen Roster by shooting the shingle at 250 (maybe with a bar for iron sights!)

Thaddeus

Rifleman 5/29/16

Offline 509gman

• Instructor
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 05:04:03 PM »

My Morgan kin are no relation to Daniel Morgan that we know of; but my relative, Randall Morgan, served under same in the 11th Virginia Regiment. He died in 1777.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

Offline CarrollMS

• Instructor
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 02:15:02 AM »

Corporal Randal Morgan fought in Captain Smith's Company, Daniel Morgan's command.  See the handwritten roster here and attached.  His unit is at the top and he is listed under the Corporal column
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9WB-C2CP?i=705&cc=2068326&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AQGXT-4QKD
The muster is dated 1 May 1777
I would enjoy seeing his parents/ancestry in order to see if I can link Copral Morgan to our family's Morgans of Virginia.

Regards,
Mark  502nd

My Morgan kin are no relation to Daniel Morgan that we know of; but my relative, Randall Morgan, served under same in the 11th Virginia Regiment. He died in 1777.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Offline Tennessee Beast

• Pistol Instructor
  • Instructor
  • Pistol Instructor

• Riflemen and Pistoleers Persist!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2021, 09:38:39 AM »
Just an FYI, there is a two page write up on Morgan's Riflemen in the latest issue of Shooting Times (August 2021).
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

“[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…”
– Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer