News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC November 21-22, 2020 KD

Started by Polonius, November 23, 2020, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polonius

Wow, I almost really screwed up - I didn't order enough Known Distance patches with my shoot box! We had so many shooters qualify KD that I ran out of the ones in the shoot box. Luckily, I was able to chase down a couple more. Egg on face avoided.

We had a full line of patriotic Appleseeders for the KD event at the Ramseur Home Range. We only avoided relays on Saturday because we had a significant number of .30 cal shooter - so with a little ciphering we were able to arrange the line with .30 and .22 cal shooters sharing targets.

As I've alluded, the results were epic. Here are the numbers: 10 KD qualifications - 1 requal, 2 distinguished, and 1 first time rifleman.

Joe - 49 distinguished
Jason - 48 distinguished
Brian - 43
Tyler - 45
Jillian - 42
Pat - 42
Terry - 40
Matt - 41
Mike - 43 (also first time rifleman)
Will - 44 requal

In addition to a sell out crowd, a fantastic group of instructors turned out to make this a successful event. I consider myself to be incredibly lucky to have so many competent, dedicated, liberty loving instructors show up to help with this event:
Jyorb (Dr. Matt) - took on much of the instruction, using his science background and talent for instructing to make complex concepts simple
Vaportrace - showed up Friday to help set up the range (along with shooter Dave) and prepare KD targets
Rimbo - always faithful and rock solid with instruction, and ready at the drop of a hat to help in any way needed
Cousin Hart and Thaddeus - helped keep event moving smoothly and gave wise counsel
Budman63, MrMcain, Badeye, Laertes, ErsatzMacGiven - all worked on qualification and stepped up whenever needed

To top it all off, it was a beautiful weekend at the home range. As a commercial once stated, "it doesn't get any better that this!"

ErsatzMacGuffin

It was an excellent weekend overall.  The weather was beautiful, the instructors were outstanding, and the crowd was in great spirits.
The shared targets idea worked out really well. 
Big thanks to the instructor cadre for letting me step up and get some repetitions in for my IIT levels.
Rifleman - 18 October 2020
Orange Hat - 18 October 2020
Known Distance Rifleman - 22 November 2020
Pistoleerâ„¢ - 12 June 2021

Captain Amos Horton, Jr. - Kershaw Regiment / Camden District Regiment - South Carolina
Richard Hannah, Sr., James Eaddy, and Samuel Eaddy - "Marion's Men" - South Carolina
James McDaniel - 2nd South Carolina Regiment
Joseph Stonecipher - Wilkes County Militia - North Carolina
Reuben Ard - Washington District Militia - North Carolina
Phillip Hildebrand - 4th Company, 4th Pennsylvania Battalion
Robert Henderson, Sr. - 1st Company, 2nd Pennsylvania Battalion
Shadrick Jones - 3rd New York Regiment
Francis Coley - Charles City Militia / Second Virginia Brigade

Jakob Barthel - Grenadier Regiment von Rall