News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Ludlow Falls, OH Nov 7-8, 2020

Started by Charley, November 10, 2020, 09:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

What a fantastic weekend for a first event at the VFW Hall in Ludlow Falls, OH!

We had an amazing sold out event! Many of the shooters knew each other and we had a family of 4 come out! We even had unseasonably warm November weather, high's in the high 70's!

Saturday started with the first strike and morning red coat then we got into instruction. The red coat gave us our starting point for the weekend. After getting through points of instruction, it was on to squares targets and getting the rifles sighted in. After lunch and the second strike, we had our work cut out for us with getting groups tightened up and getting zeroes. By the end of the day we made it through the positions and the third strike.

Sunday brought the return of almost all our students! We started the morning with the Red coat target and 1 cleared Red Coat by Matt! After confirming zeroes we got into AQT's. We had amazing perseverance by all of our shooters pushing through the AQT stages. We even had some space to let a couple instructors get trigger time and re-qualify. Cadence with a 234 and Shadow870 with a 221 and a 234. Then we had two of shooters join our Rifleman ranks. Joe, at his first Appleseed event, on the first AQT of the day even, scored a 221! And Billy, at his first Appleseed event scored a 224! Both men know well what they're about! Congratulations again!

We had several shooters knocking on the Rifleman and Riflewomen door, keep working at it and next year I know you'll join the ranks.

This event wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for the arrangements made by the VFW Hall Post Commander Harry and Bill Martin. Thank you, Thank you! Thank also to the post and Harry for providing lunch both days. It happened to be a open to the public dinner night at the VFW Hall also, which was very nice to be able to have dinner right after the event.

A HUGE Thank you also to the Instructor crew! Without them there is no way this event could have been as successful. Cadence, Rattlehead, Yankee, Shadow870, Dangerous Old Lady 'DOL', Jingo, CactusJack, Naga, Trail Mix and El Chupacabra. Trail Mix and El Chupacabra traveled all the way from Illinois to help out, earning them a special Ohio Patch!

Thank you again to everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all again on the trail!

:pics:

Trail Mix

Thanks for letting us border raid! We're had a wonderful weekend and hope to make it over to Ohio again at some point. The instructors and students were all wonderful and there were even flush toilets available at lunch! I have more pictures but they're hard to upload on here. If you want any pictures,  pm me and I can text them or email them to you!!
Thanks for the great memories!!
Trail Mix

Shadow870

It really was a great shoot. I look forward to do doing more at this location. I want to say thanks to all the other instructors and all the students. It seems for me that every appleseed is a special combination of meeting new people AND getting to see old friends. I will get the pictures I took uploaded asap! Till I see everyone again, take care!
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

Huzaah!!! looks like a great event.  Sorry I wasn't there. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

devilkitty

Well done!
Sounds like a great start at a new location. Here's to many more!
Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

Cadence

Sorry for the late post - but you know.....life happens.

The weather was fantastic and so were all the attendees.

Who knew we might have worry about a sunburn in November in Ohio!  #)

A full line of shooters and a full line of instructors help make this inaugural event at the Mountain Top VFW Post 6557 a very memorable event. All shooters brought that all important "teachable" attitude. Congratulations to our new Rifleman Joe and Billy.  O0 , who had a friendly(?) competition to see who would score the highest.

A special thanks goes out to VFW post and its commander Harry Poling for their very gracious hospitality throughout the weekend.

Also, a special shout out to all the instructors who ended up signing up for this event on a somewhat short notice. It was a pleasure to make some new instructor friends from Illinois, Trail Mix and El Chupacabra. Hope to wok with you again.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cadence

More Photos
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams