News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville Gun Show 4H Fairgrounds

Started by sur+rifle, February 28, 2009, 09:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sur+rifle

Just wanted to give a quick update from our first Evansville area recruiting Gun Show of the year.  Tom T., a multiple Appleseed attendee, and I manned the booth today.  Mudcat and perhaps a few others will be holding down the fort tomorrow.

The show had great attendance on Saturday and the interest in Appleseed was high.  For many this was the second or third contact (several mentioned Shotgun news, the Indiana gun owners forums, the Indy1500 show and local gun club newsletters).  So it was a much easier sell than just a year ago.  Great job to all those who helped on these.  There is a HUGE synergistic effect with multiple contacts; it really builds credibility.

I also leaned that there is BIG interest from active military returning from the middle east.  We just recently had some local units return home and these soldiers were at the gun shows picking up ARs, etc.  Several loved the Appleseed idea and a few mentioned that they would like to become instructors in the future.  So somehow we need to figure out additional ways to get Appleseed in front of this audience. 

As regards materials, the SWAT reprints and Red Coat stickers flew out like hot cakes.  Hawhhvn had just sent me a new batch of the reprints and I was down to 5 by the end of the day.  In each we included a regional schedule and a reprint of the Evansville Courier and Press article. 

We weren't able to get a table near a wall, so we repurposed the banner we just got (thanks, V!), to a table cover.  We put a Brown Bess replica and bayonet over the "history" area and a M1 Garand under the "Marksmanship" area (along with a note talking about the CMP and $500 Garands).   The eye candy worked great and brought them in so that we could talk to them about the benefits of attending a shoot.

Below are some pics from my cell phone (sorry for the quality). 

========================================

hawkhavn

Sur+,

Looks good from here, I hope Mudcat got his shipment of SWAT reprints in time.
Looking for an E'ville numbers bump this week!

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

I got my Swat reprints on friday and am now down to 3. We  (my son and myself) had a busy show today lots of interest, it seems like we would go for 5 minutes and then someone would stop by I would start talking and by the time I was through I was talking to 4 or 5. Kind of like a sideshow I guess. We ran out of fliers by 1:00pm with 2 hours to go. I was then writing the Eville dates on the swat reprints and telling them how to get on the website. I thought we had a great day and hopefully will get some preregs.

On a side note I spoke with Jim Toomes about a WSSC date. I am going to their meeting on wed to see if we can get an AS date with that club.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

sur+rifle

Great job, Mudcat!  And here I swore to you that Sunday was going to be slower... >:D

If you need some help for Wednesday, could you please drop me a PM with the meeting info (time/place)?

Kind regards,

Sur+

hawkhavn

Guys,

Just to let you know what impact you had, the pre-reg numbers for the March E'ville shoot DOUBLED in one day!
We also now have Red Brush pre-reg's out to October!
Way to take the seventh step.

Thank you,
Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com