News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Canton, Georgia - November 7-8, 2020

Started by Roswell, November 09, 2020, 03:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roswell

We were blessed to have sold out this event; PLUS some walk-ons we squeezed in at the last minute and the weather all weekend could not have been better. We also had many shooters return and many families. Both are such a delight to see. Might I also add that the range itself is really a delight as well and we are very thankful to the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office and Sheriff Frank Reynolds for allowing us to use their range.

Saturday, we after getting through the usual housekeeping, we rolled right into a great telling of the 1st Strike of the Match by Mechanic to set the tone of the event. Next, we rolled into the Safety Briefing before retrieving our rifles and heading to the line. We began with a redcoat target that showed we had a little work to do. Then the instruction really began. First thing was the Eye Dominance test, which proved useful as one shooter found herself to be cross-eye dominant. While still gathered, we rolled into Sling Use and the Prone position. Then we shot a square to test out what we had just learned.

Instructor Wiley Coyote shown below correcting a shooters form.

Next, came the first 3 steps of firing the shot.

We went straight into NPOA. Since the shooters knew about sight alignment, sight picture and NPOA; it was a perfect time to work on fitting the rifles to the shooters and verifying NPOA. After each shooter and rifle was checked they were released to shoot a square.

Steps 4-6 followed. Then we did a trigger exercise, learning about the reset. Followed by another square.

Then it was inside to hear Talking Targets, IMC and the Second Strike during lunch. After cleaning up, we were back at it, with the seated position. We learned about all 4 positions and then took time to try each of them out. We followed that with Rifleman's cadence which we tested out using our least uncomfortable shooting position.

Then it was time for a break and the telling of the 3rd Strike by Gator0246. Newly fired up, it was time to learn standing before rolling into an AQT. With transitions taught between stages 1&2. Followed by a redcoat.

We found out, we had a Rifleman among us! Congratulations to Gabe on a 213! (which was later confirmed as he qualified twice more, the next day.)

Also, Congratulations to Jeff on re-qualifying!

We ended the day with the Philosophy of Liberty of the founding fathers which was well received.

Sunday, we began with a speech on 1776 followed by our Safety briefing. Next, we hit the range with a redcoat and the day's first AQT.

Then we headed indoors and reviewed everything from the day before. That brought us right into lunch where we heard some great stories on Dangerous Old Men, Brave Women and Gallant Children. After cleaning up, we went back out and did a NPOA/Mag Change Exercise. We then shot an AQT. After those, we headed back inside and covered Rifleman's Cadence, Rifleman's Bubble and Known Distance Shooting. Then we hit the range again and shot 2 more AQTs. We closed out the day with the telling of the story of Timothy Murphy and how one man (or woman) can make a difference.

I should also note that the shoot boss (me) was recovering from surgery and am very grateful to my team for stepping up and doing a bang up job supporting me. And did so eagerly I should add!

To my shooters, keep at it! A Rifleman persists! Each of you have what it takes to get Rifleman and many of you are knocking on the door. Continue to dry-fire. Perfect practice makes perfect. I hope to see all of you again soon.

In Liberty,
Roswell
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Gator0246

It was a great weekend to be back on the line with an excellent group of shooters.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Samuel Adams