News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder, CO AAR - Nov. 7-8, 2020

Started by Captain, November 09, 2020, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

What a great weekend for the final Appleseed of the year at the Boulder Rifle Club. The BRC has always been one of the most supportive ranges in Colorado Appleseed so another thanks for this weekend's events and especially for all the support you've shown us in this difficult year!

The weather was for cast to be cold, rainy and winds gusting to 50 mph, but the reality was a beautiful fall weekend for 8 liberty-minded folks to come out and embrace the American marksmanship heritage and hears stories of a people who risked everything to forge a country founded on liberty.

Even though we had some new shooters on the line, everyone progressed rapidly and the group sizes early on were very promising. Saturday morning was spent learning the fundamentals of position, firing the shot and natural point of aim. We also started to tackle the challenge of fitting rifles better to individual shooters.

After a busy morning, we gathered around a map of 1775 Boston and heard stories of April 19th, when a civil war was ignited which would change the world. When we came back after lunch, everyone was ready to finish hearing about the standing and sitting position and make an attempt at the Appleseed Qualification Test. Even though we may have felt a little behind in the morning, we managed to get in a second AQT on Saturday when Oliver passed the mark and became our first Rifleman of the event shooting irons on his centerfire rifle. Huzzah!

I will post a few photos which you can click on to see large and then click again to shrink down.

Who knew targets could talk!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."― Edmund Burke.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Captain

Everyone got together for a group picture at the end of our first day.

The Regulars have broken ranks at the North Bridge and Black Russian is telling the story.

Angela was a first time shooter and did an outstanding job! Her husband Chris really knew how to safely handle his rifle even though it had a pretty short barrel.

Ryan and Jackson both made tremendous progress over the weekend! I'm sure both of them will need patches at their next Appleseed event.

"Our contest is not only whether we ourselves shall be free, but whether there shall be left to mankind an asylum on earth for civil and religious liberty." - Samual Adams

That is a sobering thought to keep in mind today, as well.

Captain

I only managed to get a couple of pictures of everyone shooting prone, but here ‘tis. . .

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

Captain

We did have a couple of shooters who "knew well what they were about" and took home a Rifleman's patch.

Huzzah to Oliver!

Our other patch was awarded without photos and it ended up being the same shooter who would clear the final Red Coat!

Captain

Jackson made phenomenal progress throughout the weekend and received the Patriot's Patch. I look forward to seeing him earn his patch at a future event!

Black Russian also gave the Colorado Cadre patch to Ridge Walker since it was his first Colorado event since we started this tradition.

If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Captain

In the end, we had a very successful event and everyone in our group made solid progress in honing their marksmanship skills. I hope you will all join us again at a future event.

Of course, the real measure of success of an Appleseed event is still to be determined, because it is measured in each heart and whether the mantle of liberty will be picked up.

I conjure you, by all that is dear, by all that is honorable, by all that is sacred, not only that ye pray but that ye act. ~ John Hancock