News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Market, AL AAR 7-8 Nov 2020

Started by Mixed Metaphor, November 09, 2020, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

Wow, what a fantastic weekend we had at the Madison County Shooting Sport Association (MCSSA) Range in New Market, AL!

First and foremost, I want to thank the MCSSA having us.  They close their pistol range entire weekend and provide us a great facility.  Thank you!!

This group showed up early Saturday morning ready to go.  Everyone had their equipment on the line before 8:30am so we jumped right into some history.  After safety instruction, we brought rifles to the line and rocked out a Redcoat target, then proceeded with instruction.  Each and every one of them was attentive to instruction and were very appreciative to the instructors.  Their squares targets showed that they had put our instruction into practice.  We took a break for lunch and heard an outstanding re-telling of the second Strike by EddieB.  After lunch we had IMC instruction, did carding the sights and mag change drills followed by seated and standing instruction.
The weather was perfect!  I'm not sure who requisitioned the weather, but they hit a bullseye!

We had a very small group of shooters and were able to get through 2 AQTs and a second Red Coat.  We all saw the improvement from the first Red Coat!   

On Sunday morning EddieB blessed us with morning history.
We were able to complete another 5 AQTs on Sunday.  Big Jake is a (young) man who knows very much what he is about!  Jake scored a 211 (on a rest)!  Jake is 9 and an awesome young man.  I believe that he takes after his Mom. 
Alex rocked two Rifleman scores, the highest of which was a 221.  I think Alex would have scored more Rifleman scores had his 1st loaner rifle not malfunctioned.
Michael and James scored well and were a true pleasure to meet and hang out with!
I hope to see all of the shooters at future events, especially a KD, rimfire or centerfire.

I can't adequately express my gratitude to the shooters for coming out and sharing their time with us. Coming out and hearing about the history and heritage of our great Republic and shooting rifles!  It doesn't get much better than that.

(P.S.  Alex, I have an Orange Hat waiting for you.  Please let me know when you want to talk about it.)

May God bless each of you!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama