News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN, October 31, 2020

Started by CokeGuy, November 04, 2020, 08:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

Delighted to have 8 enthusiastic souls arrive at the Arnold Air Force Base Range to learn how to improve their marksmanship skills and to hear some Revolutionary War history. The weather was perfect and the instructors were ready. How much better can it get? 25% of those on the line shot their first Rifleman scores (Duayne: 211, 215, 222, 226; Allen: 217) AND request to become Instructors in Training! Then, Katie stepped up to become a Blue Hat volunteer. It was also a great opportunity for Booney Stomper to continue to develop his skills to progress towards Shoot Boss, and for Eagle Keeper(IIT0) to work his first event as RSO and Line Boss. Top that with 2 new Red Hat Instructors: Palousie and Army Vet! Congratulations! Looking forward to working with you both again soon.

Cathy and Katie, it was a delight to work with you both and to see you apply the points of instruction with good results. Cathy, a different loaner rifle with a shorter stock next time will help you greatly. Monica, recover and come again soon; yes, Appleseed clinics are physically draining. But you persisted; you can do it. Maybe a different loaner rifle would help you as well? Logan and Noah, so happy to see you both progress during the course of the two days. Anne, thanks for providing moral support for Noah on Sunday. Hope you will get on the line again soon.

What a great cadre of instructors! So pleased to have Maximum Ordinate & Ramblin' Wreck to come supplement our instruction on Sunday. Then, TN Colonel, Blue Grass Colonel and Nashville Stage show up just to cheer us all on on Sunday.  Booney Stomper, you really made great progress in spite of all the "hep" from headquarters. Well done, sir.
I know there were lots of photos...please post them.

Tennessee Beast

I enjoyed working with all the shooters.  I saw lots of improvement and am very pleased that ArmyVet and Palousie earned their red hats and we had 3 students step up to volunteer.  Also of note is that ArmyVet earned his 10 shoots pin.  I took a few pictures of ArmyVet and Palousie getting their red hats (sorry they turned out so dark).   
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Ramblin' Wreck

The old Wreck had a great time at the shoot in Manchester. The highlight for me was telling my cousin Duayne that he'd shot a qualifying score on the first AQT of his THIRD Appleseed event. You can see his reaction.  ^:)^

Earning his Rifleman patch meant he could now accomplish his next goal, becoming an Appleseed Instructor in Training. Look for "Lead Farmer" on the line soon.

Holly gets her Red Hat presented by her mentor, the National Coordinator, Maximum Ordinate.

ArmyVet with two of his mentors, Booney Stomper and CokeGuy.

And on the last AQT of the day, Duayne's last Rifleman score of 226 (out of 4) and Allen's qualifying target.

And then we got to welcome Allen to the Appleseed family.

It was a great weekend with perfect weather and attentive shooters with teachable attitudes. You can't ask for much more than that. I hope to see everyone on the line again soon.

The only shot that counts is the next one. Stay focused.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Black Knight

Allen, that's terrific!!  I could see you were almost there.  Congratulations on your persistence to pull it all together. You look good in an orange hat.  I will see you on the line soon.

Duayne, nothing like consistency.  On Sunday, you definitely knew what you were about!!  Thanks for stepping up; I am looking forward to working with you on the line.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

CokeGuy

Thanks, again, to all for making this a great event!

Black Knight

This was truly a great weekend for Appleseed!!  The weather was just right and the results certainly showed: 2 new Riflemen, 2 new Orange Hats, 1 new Blue Hat and two new Red Hats.  Every Appleseed event should be like this.  We all need to do more seventh stepping to make it happen.
Black Knight

Black Knight

And just like all the recognition, the photos keep coming!
Black Knight