News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Annapolis, MD (AAFG) Sat Oct 17 - Sun Oct 18, 2020

Started by WhyWon, October 28, 2020, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhyWon

Eleven shooters came out for a beautiful temperate two-day Appleseed clinic, which included two youths; one of whom made Rifleman using a bolt-action .22LR rifle!   

Per AAFG range rules, students had masks and we ran two shooting relays.

Three new Riflemen were minted:
- Ryan R.  (224,  222)
- John I. (212) <=  AGE 14
- Matt G. (210)

The entire group improved their shooting.  By the end of the weekend, most of the group went from shooting a 100 yard effective max to between 300 and 400 yards, and went from 2 to 5 students hitting Captain Morgan's Shingle.

Many thanks:
- As always, to AAFG for continued support of Appleseed in MD and the use of their Small Bore range
- To BeSwift and Catch-10-22 for their help and loaner equipment during the weekend
- To all our attendees for a safe and friendly event

And a big thanks to our new Blue Hat: Bravo_Alex, who just came aboard the MD Appleseed team!  Bravo Bravo_Alex!

Thanks again to our Appleseeders and I hope to see you all again soon the path to gunlightenment.

V/r,

WhyWon
NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

Bravo_Alex

Thank YOU for a great course! My boys loved it, especially John achieving Rifleman  :F You'll definitely see more of us in coming months...

k3

cell: 410-881-0064,  Annapolis, MD
Retired Navy nuke submarine officer, now Microsoft cloud engineer, ham radio K3FOR, '89 Jeep YJ and '77 MGB junkie, scouting and hammock camping, r/c aircraft, World of Warships, rifle/pistol fun