News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI AAR - October 24/25, 2020

Started by T. WOLF, October 26, 2020, 05:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

What a memorable event!  Thank you to all of the shooters who came out to participate - you guys were super safe, engaged, and a lot of fun to work with.  A special thank you to Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club for commemorating 10 YEARS of partnership with Project Appleseed.  I think it's fitting that our event marked a decade with this club - Lapeer is where I heard the message of Liberty at my very first Appleseed, and no doubt it has made a difference in many other lives over the years.

Congratulations to Michigan's newest Riflemen - Doug, Mike and John!  And to Wrangler and Lefty for requalifying on their new rifles - those were some impressive scores!

Doug - excellent composure behind the trigger, sir - thank you for demonstrating the importance of Stage 4 on the AQT, and for letting us 'baptize' you in the waters of the North Bridge. I would love to see you at a KD (Known Distance) event in the future.

John Barr - I am so glad I got to be there when you finally earned that elusive patch.  Your umwaivering persistence is an example to us all, and I think I speak for the entire Instructor team in southeast Michigan when I say WHEW!  Congratulations, rifleman - we are all happy for you.

Mike (aka MrZeke) picked up his Rifleman patch and a shiny new Orange Hat!  Thank you for stepping up to volunteer with us - I can't wait to work with you at a future event and I hope we get to see a lot more of Trevor too.  Nice shooting, buddy!

Team Bueche - it was really great having you with us.  You persevered through a demanding course of fire, and each of you showed excellent progression in your shooting skills over the weekend.  I believe we have an entire family of Riflemen in the making!  I hope you return for a future event.  Christopher & Catherine... you guys won the Fun Shoot!!  I'm really sorry we didn't announce the results before you departed, but you had hits on 11 out of 12 targets and came in First Place!  Let me know if you register for a future event and I will arrange to have some prizes there for you.

Ed & Emma - I'm so glad you decided to join us on Saturday.  It was a pleasure having you on the firing line and I hope we get another opportunity to work with you both.  If you need to borrow any equipment for a future event we can definitely arrange that - don't hesitate to reach out to myself or Superheat.

Corny - always a pleasure, buddy.  Find someplace cool to hang that Appleseed flag and we'll see you back on the range sometime soon I'm sure.

Shout out to the entire Instructor team, and special thanks to Maximum Ordinate, Roundballer, and all the folks who came out to lend a hand on Sunday.  You guys are all-stars and made things way too easy on this Shoot Boss.  Madhatter - I'm really glad I got to be a part of your Red Hat ceremony.  You're going to make an amazing Instructor.  Congrats!

Until next time
:F

[CLICK HERE FOR EVENT PHOTOS]

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Maximum Ordinate

This was a great event with wonderful & receptive shooters... so sorry I could only stay for one day. 

Lapeer has a first class instructor crew.  I'm proud to serve next to y'all!

I would be remiss if I didn't thank the range for hosting us.  This was a special weekend!  Our first event at Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club was ten years ago on the last weekend of October!  That's a big darned deal.  We are so grateful to have y'all as a partner.   :bow:

best,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

MrZeke

An awesome weekend with phenomenal instructors.  Every weekend is better than the last.
That's why you have to keep coming back.

I'm looking forward to learning from each of you and count it a privilege to be a part of the Appleseed family.

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach unto himself.� - Thomas Paine

"There is certainly no small danger, that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights." - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1833 Treatise regarding the 2nd Amendment

Rangerat67

It was an honor to be apart of this event as the students had such great attitudes!

It was a pleasure to meet the Bueche family and you guys earned the "most improved" award as your scores really spiked near the end of Sunday.  I see Rifleman patches in the near future!

Congratulations John!  You going to try again with the AK?

Doug - Nice shooting, You absorbed the instruction in your first event and put it to use this weekend.  Scoring in the 230's is impressive!

Looking forward to trying Lefty's unique method to run a bolt gun next time I am at the range.  Good luck in your next long distance shooting competition!

Welcome aboard MrZek.  I look forward to working with you at a future event.  P.S. TJ was the first to beat me to the target line this year, when I was trying, and he did it twice!   Time for me to hit the treadmill  :P

rangerrat67

MadHatter

Thank you so much to everyone who came out to this beautiful event at Lapeer! I had a blast instructing you guys, and I cannot wait to see you all back out on the Appleseed trail!

Also!!! Thank you everyone for making this event so special to me! I'm so blessed to work with/alongside all you wonderful people! ;D
"Glove up!" Wizard
"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." Alexander Hamilton