News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

McMinnville, TN October 24,2020

Started by Cleveland, October 24, 2020, 10:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleveland

A wonderful group of 12 shooters braved the rain and fog to learn Heritage and Marksmanship.  The cadre all commented on the teachable attitudes and attention given to the history and instruction throughout the day. The attention to detail showed as the groups improved all day. Congratulations to Steve for the 231 requalification. Clay, keep up the work, you were just a couple points away from qualifying.

Pictures coming soon.
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Old Navy Doc

The diverse group of young and older, experienced and novices were a joy to teach. The covered concrete firing line made the damp morning much more enjoyable for the shooters. They responded superbly to the single day format and made great strides without frustration. This is a lovely location and I look forward to returning
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Eagle Keeper

It was great to finely meet Cleveland  and Happy Dad! Just a great day on the range practicing marksmanship with friends.
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

happydad

This AS ran incredibly smoothly. Considering the rain, wind, mud, hike to the facilities, more wind and mud, and eventually encroaching fog, it's a testament to the instructors. Thanks for taking your time. My kids (9 & 13) learned a lot and had a great time. Both hit the shingle on the final redcoat! They were so proud of various accomplishments during the day and came home and showed family and friends their targets. Next AS I go to, I'm going to have bring all THREE of my kids as the 7yo now really wants to go.
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedomsâ€"to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Tennessee Beast

Great shoot!!!  I enjoyed the fog...it reminded me of an April morning, so the history seemed more real.  I took some pics.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

lvschant

Thanks very much to all the instructors! I really enjoyed the course immensely and appreciate your patience and kindness.