News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, October 17/18, 2020, AAR

Started by Prescott, October 21, 2020, 11:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

What a beautiful fall weekend we had for a Project Appleseed event.   Seven great patriots participated in the event to improve their marksmanship skills and to learn about the heritage of our Country.

All of the participants did great with their marksmanship skills.   They all absorbed the skills taught to them over the weekend.  There was a point, when they were shooting sighter squares on Sunday, that I expected all of the participants would earn their rifleman patches.   However, the time constraints of the AQT can be difficult to overcome for first time participants.   The participants did a good job learning the techniques of NPOA while shooting the drill targets.   However, the use of NPOA did decrease during the shooting of the AQTs.  As I often mentioned, only hits counts!   Make sure to perfect the use of NPOA shifts, and while this may be slow at first, the speed of acquiring NPOA will come with practice.

Congratulation to the two new rifleman from this event, Andrew and Taylor.   Both were first time AS participants and they did great improving their marksmanship skills over the weekend. 

It was impressive watching Greg shoot his Garand all weekend.  I know you struggled with the 1907 style sling at times.  It is much easier to use that sling by attaching a J-hook on the front of the sling and using the J-hook to attach the sling to the front sling swivel.   

Keep performing dry fire practice at home and master the techniques learned ofer the weekend.  A laser sight will help reinforce the techniques while providing feedback on trigger control, the Steady Hold Factors and NPOA shifts.   

I enjoyed spending the weekend with all the participants, and I am looking forward to seeing you on the line again.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

JPJ

A bit late for a reply, but I just wanted to say, I enjoyed the event (especially the stories) and very much appreciated the time and effort that you and the instructors put in to hosting the training. I'm looking forward to further honing the skills I learned and hope to pass them on to others.

Also, I believe I incorrectly filled out the form on the matter of photograph usage. I don't mind you guys using photographs of me in any of the ways described in the applicable section of that form.
-Andrew