News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels, TX KD, Oct 17-18

Started by PaleRider, October 19, 2020, 08:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

A little late, but better late than never!! We had a great shoot, and the weather was perfect! We had one new KD Rifleman (contrats, AT!), but all improved greatly--one was knocking at the door on Saturday, but couldn't quite get over the hump on Sunday. Sunday was quite an exciting day. Ghostring brought the steel shingle with him, and we started off the day with one cold-bore shot from each shooter with a special patch waiting for anyone who hit it. I believe we had two shooters ring it on that single shot. Congratulations, Shawn and Chris!

Unfortunately, our Sunday was cut short, and we only got a total of 2-1/2 AQTs done that day. I say 1/2 because half-way through that last one I received a call from the range manger who was coming back from a moose hunt in Maine (yeah, we all hated him :)). The adjacent ranch had called him and said that a bull was loose on the range property. We shut down while the owners came over to look. They couldn't find him, but with an unknown on the range and it already being 3:30 in the afternoon, I thought it prudent to shut down. Oh well, riflemen persist, and everyone was still very positive and said they had learned a lot!

All in all it was a fun weekend, and I want to, again, thank all of the participants for coming out for LIBERTY!  :F

PaleRider
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8