News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville, AL Pistol TTT 17 Oct 2020

Started by Mixed Metaphor, October 19, 2020, 09:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama has conducted a Pistol Train (Instruct) The Trainer (Instructor) event.
IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!
I want extend our deepest gratitude to Don Eiermann, owner of Hobbs Island Shooting Range.  Don is a tremendous supporter of Liberty and Project Appleseed!  We have held several events there and have many more scheduled.
We arrived around 8:00ish and held an instructor meeting.  Shortly after the meeting, we all proceeded to the competition box.  GlockMike instructed the group on conducting an Appleseed Pistol event.  We were instructed on safety, differences between rifle and pistol events, and the line commands. 
GlockMike taught proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Weaver and Isosceles stances, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.
We brought pistols to the line and practiced what was taught using the new DOTS target.  Practical exercises for each block of instruction.   
The was a tremendous amount of discussion throughout the weekend on the course of fire.  A great learning experience for all!
After the practical exercises, we proceeded to the PQTs. 
We had 4 out of the 6 qualify as Pistoleer™s!  Google, McAlligator, Savage22, and PeaceandLove. 
Google qualified Pistoleer™ twice before she had to leave.  Her second score was a VERY impressive 239!  When we choose sides, I'm on her team!
I deeply appreciate GlockMike's taking the bull by the horns on this event!  He did an excellent job.  I also want to thank those who traveled from out of town to participate, Coke Guy and Savage22.
Look for pictures coming soon.
I love my Appleseed family.

May Liberty Increase!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Ghostring

"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Mixed Metaphor

My little buddy PeaceandLove receiving his Pistoleer™ patch.

Well done, Sir!

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Mixed Metaphor

Google and Savage22!

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

CokeGuy

Thanks to Mixed and Glock...I learned a lot.
Every clinic I discover a bit more about my gear and myself...some good, some bad.

Bright sun is a killer to an open red dot...gonna try a tube red dot next time.
Everett